1st Trimester
Options

Blood

So I just went to the bathrooma nd when I wiped there was a little light pink blood. I called triage nurse and am awaiting a call back. Has this happened to anyone else. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blood

• Options

This has happened to me a few times over the past few weeks. Baby is fine and growing 3 of the 6 OB's in my practice say it just happens. Can not find an active bleed and it is not coming from my ute or cervix.

Don't worry too much, but it was def a good idea to call and let them know.  

• Options
    I have had spotting on and off the last few weeks too. Usually brown and sometimes pink. I had spotting and red bleeding all throughout my first pregnancy and while they never really could explain why it was happening, my daughter was perfectly healthy and full term. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 4 weeks along and I've had some brown/old blood and then a little bit of the really light pink kind. They say to only worry if it's fresh and bright red.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I've been spotting for days. Had an ultrasound yesterday to see if they could see why, but no known reason. They are monitoring my HCG, but everything looks fine. Just keep them updated, especially if it gets worse. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagevermont7:
    I have had spotting on and off the last few weeks too. Usually brown and sometimes pink. I had spotting and red bleeding all throughout my first pregnancy and while they never really could explain why it was happening, my daughter was perfectly healthy and full term. 

This is reassuring for me personally. I bled like a period off and on yesterday, and today is just light spotting. Going to test my HCG levels Friday and compare to yesterday, but we're thinking it's nothing. I get crampy off and on, but I have been this whole time. Feels like gas or a tummy ache anyways! lol

On Topic!: Basically, don't worry about it, but I would keep an eye on it and it's good you contacted someone. If it continues I believe they can do a U/S and/or blood work. Keep us posted, but I'm sure it's nothing. :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This happened to me today.  It wasn't a lot, but it was red blood so I called my Dr's office.  I'm RH negative, so they had me come in to get a shot in case I was having a miscarriage.  They also gave me an ultrasound to see if they could find a reason for the blood, but they couldn't.  Baby was doing great, had a heartbeat still and everything looked fine.  The tech said that most of the time spotting is normal and they don't know why.  So hopefully yours is nothing to worry about too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's true many women spot during pregnancy, and it can be nothing, but it is not normal. You should always contact your Dr. and let them know what is happening. Make sure you talk to your Dr. not a nurse, not the receptionist.
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen to me.  I went in for an ultrasound and blood tests.  Everything was fine.  I know it is unconcerning when you see the pink but from what I have read and heard it tends to happen fairly often.  I hope the best for you and your LO.  
    BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
    BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"