April 2012 Moms
Options

Possibly measuring very small??

So, I am told I am 7 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 2 days (according to the ultrasound) and will be having another on friday a day before 8 weeks. 

Here is the problem. My doctor told me i would have had to conceive around July 23rd. But my husband and I haven't had sex since June 20th!!! I even had a period. And since we decided not to TTC for a while we stopped having sex till i was back on birth control. My doctor really didn't know what to tell me but to have another ultrasound done if im worried about the dates. At my 1st ultrasound i did see and hear a heart beat. 

Im scared that something is terribly wrong. The ONLY sexual contact we had in July was one day i have him a hand job and then he fingered me. Sorry tmi, but i couldnt have gotten pregnant like that!!

Is there anything i can ask the ultrasound tech to look for to make sure everything is ok? Im terrified the baby is measuring very small and there is something wrong. 

Any confronting words would be appreciated, and i know this all sounds nuts, you should have seen the way the nurse looked at me :-/
Boy Stole my Heart
Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Possibly measuring very small??

• Options

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.  How scary.  I really don't know what to tell you about the dates. Maybe the ultrasound could have been a few days off? I have no idea.  Hopefully all will be ok.  T&P to you that everything works out ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSugarWorms:

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.  How scary.  I really don't know what to tell you about the dates. Maybe the ultrasound could have been a few days off? I have no idea.  Hopefully all will be ok.  T&P to you that everything works out ok.

Thanks, Even if they find the heart beat and every thing is  "fine" on friday, I think im going to always worry that something is wrong. I hope God give me peace to let go and stop stressing about it.
    Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJudesmom09:
    The ONLY sexual contact we had in July was one day i have him a hand job and then he fingered me. Sorry tmi, but i couldnt have gotten pregnant like that!!

Sorry to tell you, but you can totally get pregnant like that!  If he had any sperm at all on his fingers and then put them inside you, those little fish can swim!  It doesn't take sex to get pregnant.  I had a friend whose sister got knocked up this way.  I bet you actually got knocked up from your fooling around than actual sex and the baby is measuring right on the money.  I wouldn't worry!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagehheyderh:
    imageJudesmom09:
    The ONLY sexual contact we had in July was one day i have him a hand job and then he fingered me. Sorry tmi, but i couldnt have gotten pregnant like that!!

Sorry to tell you, but you can totally get pregnant like that!  If he had any sperm at all on his fingers and then put them inside you, those little fish can swim!  It doesn't take sex to get pregnant.  I had a friend whose sister got knocked up this way.  I bet you actually got knocked up from your fooling around than actual sex and the baby is measuring right on the money.  I wouldn't worry!  

Its just SO crazy! I seems like this is stuff you read about not something that really happens! Thank you for our words...Id really like to let go and enjoy this pregnancy. Even though it wasnt really planned we couldn't be happier and are praying for a healthy baby. 
    Boy Stole my Heart
  • Options
    I can't imagine that your dates would be a month off?  That'd be super small.

You should totally enjoy the pregnancy.  Obviously you got pregnant when you didn't think you did, but either way, it's still a pregnancy and you can't be a month off (on the small side) this early in the pregnancy.  You've seen a heartbeat.  You got pregnant.  Enjoy!
  • Options
    imagehheyderh:
    imageJudesmom09:

This! Yes

• Options
    Lurking from March - My first u/s was unscheduled because the nurse was convinced I was having an ectopic (I knew she was wrong but didn't want to turn down an u/s!).  At that time the doc asked 3 times if we were sure about our dates.  I said yes, absolutely.  I had temped and we didn't do ANYTHING after conception because I knew it could cause spotting and that would have freaked me out after our previous loss.  Doc left and came back and said.. I am guessing you conceived on X date.  X date happened to be the day we got our first BPF so I knew she was wrong.  2 weeks later I had my 8 week, scheduled u/s.  The tech first got the wrong measurement, still 2 weeks off.  I then told her that can't be right.  She shifted the wand around and then got 5 different measurements which were exactly in line with when I expected to have conceived.  Apparently, being at the right angle and plane makes a huge difference.  Try not to worry too much, it could just be the angle they were looking.  Good luck!
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"