Multiples
Options

kmb585

I am responding to your post below about the sleep situation.

Sigh-my H really didn't help with Emerson.  I SAH so, really, she was my job.  When the twins got here it was a whole new ballgame.  Everyone has to step it up. 

It will take both of you doing all you can the first several months.  My oldest has a stomach bug right now.   I was up until 2:30 this morning and he got up at 6:00 to make breakfast for everyone so, I could sleep until 7:00.   Prior to the twins this would have NEVER happened.

I would suggest that you let him go to bed early and he get up early and let you sleep a little bit in the morning.  You'll just have to wing it at first until you guys get into your groove.

You are sooo pregnant girl.  Did I read the big day is tomorrow? 

ETA-I was the ultimate night owl...even after Emerson was born.  Not so much anymore.  This next adventure will cure that midnight oil burning for you.  : ) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: kmb585

• Options

Hey there!  Thanks for the response.  Sorry to hear your LO is sick, I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

DH just called me from work w/ a phone number for a lady that alot of his co-workers have used as a night nanny - I guess he read my mind :)  I know it is not possible to use one of these all the time, as we both agreed that keeping DS#1 in daycare was more beneficial all the way around.  But I will definitely look into it. 

Friday is the plan to be the "Big Day" as holy cow I can not believe I am STILL pregnant, but the kicker is that if I can not be admitted to the hospital on Friday b/c they are too busy (which did happen w/ DS#1's induction) I have to wait until Tuesday at almost 39 weeks! 

Here's to my fingers, toes, eyes, everything that I can cross (except my legs of course b/c I want these babies to come out Wink that I can be admitted on Friday and meet these little ones!

• Options

I had a night nanny the first month.  I wasn't overly impressed with her at all and it was expensive.  The biggest thing is that she had children and had to leave at 4 am to get her kids up and to school.

Check into it...you never know.  She may be your saving grace.

AND you should get priority over anyone in that hospital on Friday!  Best of luck.  It sounds like your H is gearing up.  He knows he is going to have to help a lot more than he has previously.  It'll all work out...GL!!!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"