C-sections

XP: C section and infertility ?

Hi I usually post on TTC and TTCAL and just found this board. I have had two c sections and recently had 2 chemical pregnancies. The Dr. said he thinks the c/p's were just bad luck and is willing to do a hysteroscopy to see about scarring but really doesn't think that is the issue. I have factor V and am taking baby aspirin and folgard. So I guess my question is anyone have scarring after their c section and problems conceiving? I have looked it up of course and it seems the only issue I can find is the fallopian tubes being blocked by scars and they egg and sperm not meeting but ours are just not implanting. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: XP: C section and infertility ?

• We conceived through IVF for our son and he was born via c-section.  The c-section was not related to any infertility issues.  Last month I went back for the hysteroscopy to see how my uterus was healing because we are getting ready to try for #2 with IVF again.  Anyway, no scarring and all is fine.  Even if you don't have scarring on your uterus, there could be other issues like fibroids, etc. that your Dr. could see with a hysteroscopy and hopefully correct.  It may be worth it to do it, it took about 20 minutes and very mild cramping.  GL!
  • I got pregnant with this baby just 15 months after my son was born via c/s... After a drunken one night of no protection... We werent going to start TTC for a few months...One shot wonder. So for me, no. ; )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I conceived 3 times after my first c-section without any real problems (#2- 2nd month TTC, #3- I was on BCPs and #4 took about 7 months TTC).
  • I just had baby #4 and I've had cs's with all of them.

The doc actually said that my uterus looked in surprisingly good condition and he saw no issue in us having another at some point.

So although scar tissue could be a factor, it's probably not a major issue. But everyone is different in how they heal.

• imageTraycee1242:
    I got pregnant with this baby just 15 months after my son was born via c/s... After a drunken one night of no protection... We werent going to start TTC for a few months...One shot wonder. So for me, no. ; )

Hahaha! This is how my 2nd daughter was conceived as well! Those darned yards of Coors will get you every time!

I did have 1 m/c between the healthy pregnancies, but it had nothing to do with my uterus or the c/s. The babies implanted they just never grew. My doc has told me that the c/s won't affect my fertility at all, and so far she's been right. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Well I don't really know if I had problems conceiving b/c of csection but I do know I had 2 m/c after DD. I am currently pregnant for the 4th time (including m/c,DD, and current pregnancy) and I am 31 weeks pregnant.
  • We stopped using birth control about 8 months after my c/s. It took us 9 months after that to get pregnant. I wondered if the c/s or the fact that I had Mirena contributed to it taking a while, but logically I know it was because I have PCOS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"