Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Any BBT charters out there TTC again after miscarriage?

Hi everyone...I had a "trying again" question that I can't seem to find any answers to on the vast Internet, so I figured I would just ask you all directly...

I was charting to get pregnant, but then stopped when I got a BFP in July.  Well, when I lost the baby, I decided to start taking my temperature in the mornings again once I stopped bleeding so I can try my hand at figuring out what the hell my body is doing now, since I don't want to get weekly bloodwork done (though I've had 3 checkups since my ER visit).  I figure, at the very least, it can tell me when my next period will come and when we can start trying again, if we decide to go ahead with that...Well, I stopped bleeding only about 5 days ago, and my temperature finally dropped back down to pre-ovulation/pregnancy levels just this morning, and yet I'm *already* seeing cervical fluid reminiscent of a fertile period...Is it possible that I am already just days away from ovulating???  Or do the hormones just make crazy things happen with your cervical fluid?

I was just wondering, did anybody else use charting as a way to figure this stuff out?  Because, when I look on Internet articles, they mention that you can ovulate as soon as 2 weeks after you miscarry, but they never define that point -- Is the day of miscarriage considered the day you start bleeding; the day you pass tissue; or the day you stop bleeding?  Nobody seems to refer to the point when your BBT dips back below the cover line as meaningful at all.  I'm so confused...especially since every woman bleeds differently and for different periods of time.  I had a natural miscarriage, but the bleeding spanned for 20 days (light spotting included), and as of last Tuesday, my hcg levels were at 95.

Thank you for reading.  I hope everyone is doing as well as they possibly can given the circumstances.  Many hugs to you all <3

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Any BBT charters out there TTC again after miscarriage?

• I just started bleeding yesterday and my tests area still positive but I started temping again yesterday morning. I am hoping it will give me a clue as to when I'll ovulate after this miscarriage / when to expect AF after that.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I have read about a lot of women using HPTs to track their hormones, but it never occurred to me to do that...whoops!  I'm wondering if my BBT returning to normal signifies my hcg going back down to 0 (or 5 or whatever it is), or if it means nothing at all.  I suppose it's not completely impossible that my hormones could go from 95 to nothing in a week, but it seems crazy that my body seems to already be gearing up for ovulation.

I've never been good at just waiting to see what happens...but I think that might be my only choice. I kinda just want to figure out what my body is doing.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't started using my BBT yet as I just miscarried but now your CM observation got me thinking. I have also heard you can ovulate as soon as 2 weeks after your m/c. Last week I had wet and stretchy cm and I hadn't even m/c yet (well I guess I did but didn't have the bleeding). I had a blighted ovum so my the gestational sac stopped growing at 5 weeks though I didn't know I was m/c until almost 8 weeks. I wonder if my body was starting the ovulation process or was it just the hormones messing with me. Btw, it was the most CM I have ever had.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • imagepangnl79:
    I haven't started using my BBT yet as I just miscarried but now your CM observation got me thinking. I have also heard you can ovulate as soon as 2 weeks after your m/c. Last week I had wet and stretchy cm and I hadn't even m/c yet (well I guess I did but didn't have the bleeding). I had a blighted ovum so my the gestational sac stopped growing at 5 weeks though I didn't know I was m/c until almost 8 weeks. I wonder if my body was starting the ovulation process or was it just the hormones messing with me. Btw, it was the most CM I have ever had.

This is almost my exact situation. Have you taken a HPT recently? I am curious how long it'll take to stop showing a positive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagejuliane2004:

imagepangnl79:
    I haven't started using my BBT yet as I just miscarried but now your CM observation got me thinking. I have also heard you can ovulate as soon as 2 weeks after your m/c. Last week I had wet and stretchy cm and I hadn't even m/c yet (well I guess I did but didn't have the bleeding). I had a blighted ovum so my the gestational sac stopped growing at 5 weeks though I didn't know I was m/c until almost 8 weeks. I wonder if my body was starting the ovulation process or was it just the hormones messing with me. Btw, it was the most CM I have ever had.

This is almost my exact situation. Have you taken a HPT recently? I am curious how long it'll take to stop showing a positive.

I took one last Monday (8/22) and it was positive (it was a sensitive FRER). I had the wet and stretch CM on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I don't have any HPT left so I haven't tested again. I feel weird going out to buy them. I had my D&C yesterday.

The only thing I can think of it is that my body geared up to o because it knew I wasn't pregnant even though it didn't naturally pass the sac yet or there is hormones that produce the CM when your going through the m/c.

I don't even know if I'm making sense!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Not sure about the BBT part; however, a friend of mine got pregnant about 2 1/2 weeks after her D&C.  When she went to her 4 week follow up, the doctor told her she was already 9 days or so pregnant.  So, that would mean that she ovulated quite quickly after the procedure. 

BFP#1: 9.16.08 DD: 5.28.09
    BFP#2: 7.10.11 MMC: 8.3.11 D&C: 8.29.11
    BFP#3: 12.5.11 MC: 12.22.11
    BFP#4: 2.14.12 MMC: 3.8.12 D&C: 3.13.12 Loss due to Trisomy 16
    BFP#5: 6.11.12 MC: 6.28.12 Loss due to Triploidy
    RPL BW, Sonohystogram, Chromosome testing on DH and myself = everything is normal
    BFP#6: 12.4.12 EDD: 8.16.13
    Things I did different with this pregnancy:
    1. Waited TTC until after I had 3 normal menstrual cycles.
    2. Got a new OB - amazing man who listened!
    3. 200 mg progesterone until 12 weeks
    4. Daily lovenox injections
  • Wow, you asked the exact same questions I'm wondering.

I was 11w2d pregnant when I miscarried naturally. I started tracking my bbt the day I started bleeding (6 days before the actual miscarriage occurred) because I was curious what was going to happen to my high pregnancy temps.

After I passed the main tissue (most awful experience of my life), my temps fell from the high range to a mid range. Because the bleeding and clotting was continuing for too long, my doc. gave me a pill to help my uterus tighten. After this, my temps dropped to my low range and stayed there for a few days.

It has been 3 weeks now since my miscarriage and my bbt has started jumping all over the place, from low to high to medium to low. It's really strange. I've also had tons and tons of ewcm this past week just as if I were ovulating, but I'm guessing it's just my body acting crazy because of the way the temps are jumping around. I think if I did ovulate or were going to soon, my temp would elevate and not drop down to low again.

I guess I'm relying more on my temp than my cervical fluid at this point. I wish I could know how much longer before ovulation occurs.

• "After this, my temps dropped to my low range and stayed there for a few days.

It has been 3 weeks now since my miscarriage and my bbt has started jumping all over the place, from low to high to medium to low. It's really strange. I've also had tons and tons of ewcm this past week just as if I were ovulating, but I'm guessing it's just my body acting crazy because of the way the temps are jumping around. I think if I did ovulate or were going to soon, my temp would elevate and not drop down to low again."

I had two d and e's, one four and a half weeks ago and one two and half weeks ago. I used bbt to get pregnant with the first (which i lost at 16 weeks) and tried using it a day  or two after we ttc at 2 weeks. My bbt was at the start of high the first day, then went up well above the coverline and has stayed there for 5 dys. I wondering if we are pregnant and i honestly have no idea. If i take a hpt, will it give me a false positive? In the first d&e, i bled horribly and went back for retained tissue. But after the second, i only bled like 3dys. If any one has any advice, i would be very grateful.

• Might I suggest that those of you who haven't yet introed and are thinking about ttc again post an intro over on the ttcal board? You will find a ton of expertise there. Please do read the sticky at the top though. The board has a specific culture in place to protect the women there and there are some important dos and don'ts.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • My dr's have been testing my Betas to make sure they go to zero. But I did notice the really thick, sticky CM myself around the two week period, however, I'm certain that I wasn't ovulating because I know that my hCG was between 59 and 33 that week. I am currently 4w past mc and I'm finally down to 8 and I asked my nurse what it was and she made it very clear that its just my hormones trying to balance themselves out. Which I definitely believe, I've been having nightmarish hot flashes at night that have got me seriously considering shaving my head since I am already freezing my DH out of the house. 
    But every body is different, I think it just takes time for everything to adjust back to your "normal"
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"