May 2011 Moms

Sad day

I am just having a sad day. Excactly a year ago a good friend of mine was killed in Afghanistan. When I first heard the news I couldnt even believe it was him and as soon as reality hit me I couldnt do anything but cry. Now one year later I am still very sad but I cant cry. I wish I could so I can feel better but I just cant. Last year was pretty tough I gotta say.First he died,then a couple days later DH had to leave and I found out I was pregnant. Hope this part of the year will get better and DH finally gets here.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image

Re: Sad day

• Sorry for the loss of your friend.

When I lost my dad, I always had a horrible day every year on the anniversary. And then one year I decided to celebrate him on that day each year, rather than mourn him.

Did you guys have a favourite place you liked to go? Can you create a new memory today to honour him?

{{{hugs}}}

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine hearing that news and then my hubby being deployed a couple of days later. I always watch that show on TLC...Surprise Homecoming with Billy Ray Cyrus and I just get so choked up and start sobbing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"