February 2012 Moms
Options

My first diet coke since finding out...

......and now I'm feeling guilty! Sad   but it tastes soooo good. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My first diet coke since finding out...

• Options
    You deserve it!  I was so nervous at first about having a coke, especially when I was around people just because I didn't want them to think I was being a bad mother, but now, I will have one every couple of weeks to satisfy my fix.  I've seen other pregnant women I know drinking pop and that makes me feel better.  As a first timer, I just always feel like "Do I eat this or drink this?" all the time.  I'm starting to get more relaxed about it.
  • Options
    Oh dear, I drink diet coke. A lot. I try to get the caffeine free variety, but often at restaurants, they don't have that, so I just drink the caffeinated stuff.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drink Coke a few times a week because it helps keep the headaches away!
  • Options
    Pop is okay - kudos to you for having it. It was making me sick in the beginning - it may be time to try it again. Diet though - I am wary of b/c even before I was pregnant, my special ed professor claimed it has been found to cause mental retardation in babies (BUT go figure - the class WAS on MR lol)  So I'm not sure how much truth to that there is - but I always stayed away from it just because of that. This was coming from the man who reheated his same coffee all day in the microwave in a styrofoam cup though...
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    oh man i had a few sips of my DHs coke this week and i was in heaven! i felt too guilty to drink more but yum.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepoobear2015:
    Pop is okay - kudos to you for having it. It was making me sick in the beginning - it may be time to try it again. Diet though - I am wary of b/c even before I was pregnant, my special ed professor claimed it has been found to cause mental retardation in babies (BUT go figure - the class WAS on MR lol)  So I'm not sure how much truth to that there is - but I always stayed away from it just because of that. This was coming from the man who reheated his same coffee all day in the microwave in a styrofoam cup though...

LOL to the styrofoam cup.  Oh boy.  My DH has a fear of aspartame too, so I've really limited diet since even when we were trying.  I'm just so used to diet, that I don't even like regular soda.

• Options
    I had one the day before yesterday-- had a killer headache, I was totally pooped... it was delish. :)  I won't make a habit of drinking them but I really think having it once in a while is just not a big deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't feel great about drinking diet soda, but I don't like regular soda, so I've given in a couple of times.    I hope you enjoyed it!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    I treat myself to a Mexican Coke.  Coca Cola made in Mexico is made with real cane sugar and none of that artifical stuff.  Still, not all great since it is soda but it is just a little bit better.  However, its gotten to the point where I can't finish one anyway. If you are very worried check with your OB.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh goodness - I have at least 3 diet pepsies/week. My OB says aspertame in moderation is fine and isn't worried about it, so I'm not either. :)

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

• Options
    I'm so jealous!  I tried a Mt. Dew yesterday and it gave me horrible stomach cramps for over 12 hours.  Couldn't sleep a wink last night because of the pain!  Sad
    x
  • Options

imagemkjones4:
    Oh goodness - I have at least 3 diet pepsies/week. My OB says aspertame in moderation is fine and isn't worried about it, so I'm not either. :)

Definitely this.  I tried to drink regular soda in the beginning, but I couldn't drink it.  I have 3 aspartame drinks a day and my dietician says that's fine.

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• Options
    I've been drinking, on occasion, caffeine free Pepsi. So good.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"