Babies: 0 - 3 Months

10 week old baby not sleeping!

My son won't nap for more then 30 minutes during the day. I started keeping track and in 24 hours, he's sleeping 12. I don't know why he won't nap longer, I can tell he's tired but he won't go to sleep! Any ideas?

Re: 10 week old baby not sleeping!

• Have you tried wearing him to get him to take a nap?  My LO is napping in the sling on me right now.  It's pretty much a guaranteed nap if I put him in there and either walk around the block, or walk down to the coffee shop and back.  I know it's not as ideal as a crib nap, but the more you can get him to sleep, the more he will start to sleep, if you know what I mean.  You might just have to sacrifice your back for a couple days to get him some good rest, and then he will probably be easier to put down for naps after that.
  • When they get overtired then they have a really hard time falling back to sleep.  We keep LO awake for 1.5 hours at a time, sometimes 2 hours, but NEVER longer than 3 hours.  We do a routine before every nap and bedtime so she knows what's coming and can rely on it and us.  I have been reading The Sleep Lady and it's a nice gentle approach to getting babies to sleep without hours of soothing.  My LO falls asleep on her own - I just put her in her crib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have a sling yet. My grandma bought one and I'm just waiting to go pick it up. I'm just worried with that, if me or my husband constantly lets him sleep on us, that he'll think that's where he's supposed to sleep and get used to that. He is super sensitive to sound, which sucks. I try to stay as quiet as possible, since we live in an apartment. but trying to go someone elses house is a freaking nightmare. I try to follow the same routine, to get him to sleep. I do one of two things, nurse him and he passes out, or I hum to him while in a rocking chair with a pacifier. But he's always right back up in 30 minutes or less!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"