Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Nanny outing WWYD?

So our adorable nanny wants to take Louie to the park tomorrow. They are doing major construction on our road, so she would have to drive her there (10 minutes give or take). Because I am completely neurotic, I've made a list of pros and cons about the situation.

Pros- 1. Louie loves the park. 2. I'm sure the nanny will take good care of her. 3. I am 96% sure she will not kidnap her or try to sell her on the black market

Cons- 1. Nanny is 18 and teenagers suck at driving. 2. I have no car and I do not know about her car's reliability. 3. I am 4% sure she will either kidnap or try to sell her on the black market. 4. If something happens while she's there, I have no car to get to them. 

WWYD? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Nanny outing WWYD?

• Options

The only thing that would bother me would be that I didn't have a car if something were to happen.

I know I sucked at drive when I was 18, I still do sometimes. But when I had children in my car at 18 I drove safely and paid more attention. Do you know her driving record?

Has she ever left the house with the baby before? Walks? If she did and the baby came back then she probably will not be selling her on the black market.

• Options
    imagejcole32444:

The only thing that would bother me would be that I didn't have a car if something were to happen.

I know I sucked at drive when I was 18, I still do sometimes. But when I had children in my car at 18 I drove safely and paid more attention. Do you know her driving record?

Has she ever left the house with the baby before? Walks? If she did and the baby came back then she probably will not be selling her on the black market.

She has had 1 accident. She says she was hit by a drunk driver going 80 in a 30, but she was cited because she was at a stop sign. It was a few weeks after her 16th birthday. She's never left the house with her before, and never been alone with her for that matter. I'm always in my office working while she's here.  

I'm sure they'll be just fine if they go and it was really sweet of her to offer to take her. I trust that she'll take good care of her, but I don't like that I won't be able to get to her if I need to. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMomlovesEloise:
    imagejcole32444:

She has had 1 accident. She says she was hit by a drunk driver going 80 in a 30, but she was cited because she was at a stop sign. It was a few weeks after her 16th birthday. She's never left the house with her before, and never been alone with her for that matter. I'm always in my office working while she's here.  

I'm sure they'll be just fine if they go and it was really sweet of her to offer to take her. I trust that she'll take good care of her, but I don't like that I won't be able to get to her if I need to. 

I don't understand. She wsa stopped at a stop sign and was cited because someone hit her?

• Options
    imagejcole32444:
    imageMomlovesEloise:
    imagejcole32444:

I don't understand. She wsa stopped at a stop sign and was cited because someone hit her?

She said she was pulling out of a parking lot and was waiting at a stop sign. She said she looked left, then right, and then turned before looking left again. The other driver was going so fast (according to her), that she did not see him coming. 

• Options

So he made an unsafe left turn.  That was why she was cited. 

How far away is the park?  Is she just driving down the road because she cant walk due to the construction?  I would probably let her go once with a time limit and if she follows the rules and has her back when you ask her to then you can go from there. 

This stuff makes me nervous too but I wouldnt want my LO cooped up in the house all the time either so there has to be some give and take.  If you trust her, and Im guessing you do since you trust her with your LO, give her and inch and see how she does. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageABizzity:

So he made an unsafe left turn.  That was why she was cited. 

How far away is the park?  Is she just driving down the road because she cant walk due to the construction?  I would probably let her go once with a time limit and if she follows the rules and has her back when you ask her to then you can go from there. 

This stuff makes me nervous too but I wouldnt want my LO cooped up in the house all the time either so there has to be some give and take.  If you trust her, and Im guessing you do since you trust her with your LO, give her and inch and see how she does. 

I agree with this.  Or you can offer to go with them once maybe on your lunch break to see how she does.  If she does ok, you can let her go by herself with LO next time with a time limit. 

If you dont get a lunch break then maybe ask to go for a drive with her before or after work, just to see her driving skills. 

• Options

Former nanny here!!!!

Let her go!!! I will scream this to you too! Happy nanny = happy kids = happy family!

Let this be a small step for her to prove herself and then go from there! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"