Pregnant after IF
Options

Help

Just had our first u/s today. Found out that both blasts stuck and we are expecting twins. Big Smile We are more than thrilled.

The tech was really pushing hard.

Now I just went pee and saw some light pink spotting. Could this be because she was pushing so hard? I didn't have a trans vag.

She said they are nice and high and perfectly placed. I need to just keep reminding myself of those words.

Taking the Scenic Route
FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!

Re: Help

• Options

Congratulations on your twins!

Are you on any sort of vaginal progesterone? I found that early on my cervix was easily irritated, and when I called my nurse she said spotting is extremely common early on. Apparently the increased blood flow to the area makes your cervix more likely to bleed. I could see pushing hard even with an external causing some problems. And even if that's not the cause, a lot of women have it. I had spotting at 4w5d. Try to remain calm, but rest if it makes you feel better, and don't hesitate to call your nurse. They get these sorts of questions all the time :)

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options
    imagewordslikeswords:

Congratulations on your twins!

Are you on any sort of vaginal progesterone? I found that early on my cervix was easily irritated, and when I called my nurse she said spotting is extremely common early on. Apparently the increased blood flow to the area makes your cervix more likely to bleed. I could see pushing hard even with an external causing some problems. And even if that's not the cause, a lot of women have it. I had spotting at 4w5d. Try to remain calm, but rest if it makes you feel better, and don't hesitate to call your nurse. They get these sorts of questions all the time :)

Thank you.

I am on PIO injections. Nothing vaginally. It's just that with my first m/c I lightly spotted early before the full on red blood started so I am freaking a little.

I know it's normal but I am hoping it stops NOW!

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations x 2!!  That's odd that they did such an early u/s abdominally, I've never heard of them not doing a transvag u/s!  It's probably just irritation from all the extra blood flow. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congratulations Dee! Twins - what exciting news!! Big Smile

I agree with the PP - there is so much extra blood flow going on, and if she was pushing hard, I can definitely see that causing some irritation. GL and here's hoping it stops soon!

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats on twins!!

Sorry you're dealing with spotting. I had pink/brown spotting right around that time also. It might reassure you to call your doc- for me it was just calming to hear that it's very common.

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congratulations on the twins!

Any spotting/bleeding is scary!  Hopefully it is nothing.  I agree with PPs that with all the extra blood flow, it wouldn't be surprising if that is what was causing the problem.  Last week, the day after my 1st u/s I started bleeding pretty heavy red blood.  They couldn't find the cause, but said that with twin pregnancies, everything that can happen with single pregnancies can just happen more since you have multiples.  So, spotting/bleeding may occur more with the twin pregnancy.

Good luck!

*P/SAIFW* TTC since 1/08 Clomid, 2 IUIs, 4 IVFs, FET 7 losses Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats x2!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"