2nd Trimester
Options

NBR: toe stepping!? (little vent)

Ok, so just a little background on me, I love having people over, cooking for them, entertaining.. I think it's super fun!  Well my hubby and I moved RIGHT before we got pregnant... since then we've had one house warming party, but it was quite a few people, too many to do a real sit down dinner like I like to make for my friends.  So finally I feel up for it again (yay!) and with the 3 day weekend thought it was the perfect time to finally have some friends over and make them a tasty dinner and have game night at our house again.  So I sent the email to 3 couples (1 couple is really more mine and my husband's friends, the 2nd is a mutual couple of friend of me and my sister, 3rd couple is my sister and her hubby.)  So my sister replies TO ALL on MY email invitation saying that it would really be easier for them to do it at her house with take out if nobody minds.  Really?? She didn't even ask me first. 

So anyways I wrote her back just to her and explained why I was excited to have it at my house, but that if that really was impossible for them we could do hers.. but I'm super bummed and super annoyed mostly at how she handled it, just sending that to everyone without even asking me.  Is it just me or was that super rude??

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: NBR: toe stepping!? (little vent)

• Options

Wow that was rude of her!   I'm also not understanding why it would easier for her to do it at her house?     If you have it at your house, you have to clean your house and will be cooking the dinner and all she has to do is show up.   I'd definitely prefer someone to cook me a meal at their house then to have take out at my house.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    She said it was easier because she has kids and I don't yet... she has two 3 year olds and a new born BUT in my original email I said I was totally flexible on time, so we could do early dinner so kids could come, or late dinner so sitters could come... and of course she could bring the baby!

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageaddegeorge:
    She said it was easier because she has kids and I don't yet... she has two 3 year olds and a new born BUT in my original email I said I was totally flexible on time, so we could do early dinner so kids could come, or late dinner so sitters could come... and of course she could bring the baby!

I can understand your sister's point of view.  Even if she did bring the kids it's such a hassle sometimes to be out and about with toddlers -- and a newborn - forget it.  Especially my DS is just so active he will not sit still and gets into everything.

On the other hand she went about it all wrong.  First of all - a home cooked meal vs. takeout -- really?  and emailing the entire group was so off.  If she can not find a sitter then she should just inform you that she can't make it.  Of course offering you this option also.  But to just email the group like that and hijack your dinner party was terrible.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageNiniJ55:

imageaddegeorge:

I can understand your sister's point of view.  Even if she did bring the kids it's such a hassle sometimes to be out and about with toddlers -- and a newborn - forget it.  Especially my DS is just so active he will not sit still and gets into everything.

On the other hand she went about it all wrong.  First of all - a home cooked meal vs. takeout -- really?  and emailing the entire group was so off.  If she can not find a sitter then she should just inform you that she can't make it.  Of course offering you this option also.  But to just email the group like that and hijack your dinner party was terrible.

This is EXACTLY what I'm upset about.  She could've called me and we could've worked it out, maybe making dinner together at her house?  I would've been so much more understanding if she didn't just go over my head and make the whole thing awkward.

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    It was a little rude but I doubt intentional.  She has a newborn and toddler twins; so no sleep and lots of running around... cut her some slack.  You'll understand soon enough.  Next time write down that its a housewarming party, it gives her a little direction.
    Succes after IF - DXN PCOS 2008 Surpise BFP 7/2009 Baby B was born 2/2010 Baby A is on her way; surprise! Due 2/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your sister, but if she were mine, I would've told her her responding to all was rude.  I'd have also told her that if she couldn't make it for whatever reason, I understand, but I'm still holding it at my home since that was the intention - me hosting a dinner party at my home.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"