May 2011 Moms
Options

Maybe this is dumb, but...

why do you have to stop swaddling when LO can roll over?

DD has been rolling (both ways) since 2 months old and I have still been swaddling her with arms out.  It hasn't created any issues for us and I don't really see why or how it would.

Enlighten me?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maybe this is dumb, but...

• Options
    imageToBeMrsC6907:

DD has been rolling (both ways) since 2 months old and I have still been swaddling her with arms out.  It hasn't created any issues for us and I don't really see why or how it would.

Enlighten me?

Arms out is one thing.  Full blown swaddle with a roller? Well, you can see why that would be dangerous, right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLisa Frank:
    imageToBeMrsC6907:

Enlighten me?

Arms out is one thing.  Full blown swaddle with a roller? Well, you can see why that would be dangerous, right?

I don't see how that ISN'T dangerous. Let's just let my baby flip over on her stomach with no way to push herself back up.

Point is OP, if they don't have the use of their arms then they can't push themselves up off the mattress if they are on their stomach. Therefore they wouldn't be able to breathe.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, okay...I guess since DD always turns her head to either side I hadn't thought of that.  Embarrassed

Moot point since we swaddle arms out anyway I guess.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"