Two Under 2

Anyone with 3u4?

We had 2u2, now we're at 23 mo & 12 mo - and we want a 3rd, and honestly, I think I want the same (or close to...since I'm past the window)-ish time frame between them.  But I'm not sure what I am not considering when adding ANOTHER to our crazy mix. 

Please share experiences and thoughts =)  Thanks!

Re: Anyone with 3u4?

• Right now the thought of a 3rd makes me shudder!  More power to those that could handle it...we always wanted 3, but I'm 90% sure were done with 2.  Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tell people its AWESOME about 85% of the time, and 15% of the time I think, am I insane?!  The few times that they all need something RIGHT NOW are a bit crazy, but the rest of the time is just priceless.  GL with your decision
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • We are going with the 3u3, and I agree with the PP.  Sometimes I think 2u2 or even 3u3 will be pretty easy and other days I ask why I do this to myself ;)  Wouldn't change it for the world!
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMammaBear81:
    I tell people its AWESOME about 85% of the time, and 15% of the time I think, am I insane?!  The few times that they all need something RIGHT NOW are a bit crazy, but the rest of the time is just priceless.  GL with your decision
    This, except I'd say more 50/50% :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we had 3u2.5, and I think that going from 2-3 was way easier than 1-2!
  • I'll have 3 under 3 years 2 months. Will it be crazy? Yes! Will it be worth it? Absolutely!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had 3u3 when DD#2 was born.  Honestly the transition from 2 to 3 has been very hard.  Most people say it is easier than 1 to 2.  I think it was so hard for us because DS has SN, so he is functionally a 1 year old, and the spacing between my DDs was 12.5 months, which also made things very difficult.  It is getting better now though as everyone adjusts and gets older.  We will be aiming for 4u5 eventually.
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • imagesept04brideinMD:

We had 2u2, now we're at 23 mo & 12 mo - and we want a 3rd, and honestly, I think I want the same (or close to...since I'm past the window)-ish time frame between them.  But I'm not sure what I am not considering when adding ANOTHER to our crazy mix. 

Please share experiences and thoughts =)  Thanks!

so did you actually have 2u1? crazy!  i havent had my 2nd yet (due in nov) but im threatening DH with no sex if he even thinks about it! i love kids but i feel like im going to miss alot having 2u2. its been nice being able to pamper my son with attention and im afraid now they are both going to miss out.

Cloth diapering, VBAC, BF & FF, AP momma to two 2 and under. Special needs - DS born with clubfoot and diastrophic dysplasia (dwarfism)
  • We're thinking about it :) I've LOVED having 2u2, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I want to give my body a bit more time in between kiddos though so we're waiting until DD2 turns one at least and then we may start sometime next year.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Our oldest will be 3 years and 10 months when #3 arrives. I used to be nervous but am not anymore...it is already somewhat busy and Iam used to it...so I see adding a third as being easy...we will see!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • i'll be having 3u3 (not planned) so i don't have any advice yet but I am sure everything will be great!
  • I'll get back to you on that 3u4 in a month or so. 2u2 worked out so well for us we opted for 3u4, would have been 3u3 if we could have.
    Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • IMO it's always crazy when you add a new baby, whether your kids are 1 & 2 or 5 & 6 or 10 & 11. The challenges will be different, but there will alwasy be challenges when adding to the mix, so do what feels right to you. DH and I just started TTC #3, so if things go as planned we will have 3u3. Crazy? Maybe to some, but I grew up as part of 3u3 and it was an amazing experience for me and my sisters. I hope my kids have the same. GL with your decisions!

(FWIW, my mom always says it's way easier to have a 1, 2, and 3 yol than it is to and 11, 12, and 13 yo. Wink)

• imagefirsttogo:
    we had 3u2.5, and I think that going from 2-3 was way easier than 1-2!

That is encouraging to hear! That is something I've wondered; it was so intense going from 0 to 2 at once, I've wondered just how hard it will be to add a third.

OP, I think it really depends on you. Some people handle multiple young children better than others. Depends on so many factors--energy level and health (both health of you and the kids!), how much support you have, how much patience you have ;), personalities of your kiddos, etc. If it were me, I'd want at least 2 years between the second and third kid but it's up to you!

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • We're 3U3 yrs, 2 mos.  It's been pretty easy adjusting, IMO going from 1-2 was way harder than 2-3.  Once you get the hang of how to balance attending to one kid over another, adding more children is just an extension of that - you get good at planning and figuring out how to juggle schedules and anticipating needs to head off some crises.  I would absolutely go for a 4th sooner rather than later, but I think we're probably finished at 3.  But, like PP mentioned, I think A LOT of it has to do with your own level of anxiety/comfort with very young children, your kids' temperaments, how well they sleep, and how much support you have from your DH, friends and family.  We're extremely laid back and comfortable with our kids, all of them are pretty mellow, they are champion sleepers, and we have help from my ILs, and DH's work schedule is pretty consistent so he's always home to help with bedtime, etc.  
    imageimageimage
  • my 1st 2 were 14 months apart.  That was busy.  we had our 3rd and the older 2 were 3 and 4.  honestly the 2 older ones were easier to take care of when we had our 3rd.  i wish we would have our 3rd a little earlier than later.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"