2nd Trimester
Options

Nosebleeds

I am 18 weeks will be 19 weeks on sat.. I am experiencing random nose bleeds.. anyone else?

Re: Nosebleeds

• Options
    I am prone to nosebleeds (have gotten them all my life) - I've had a few since being pregnant (only the past few weeks) - they stop pretty quick...it might be allergies (dry air, etc) - I use this saline stuff (it's a gel) called AYR - it keeps my nose pretty moist (which is what you want to prevent nose bleeds) - check with you dr. first, I've been using AYR forever...it's great! I usually put the gel inside before I go to sleep...HTH.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It is common in pregnancy although I have no idea why.  I got them when pg with DS especially when we switched on the heater in the winter.  I've had an irritated nose lately but only one full on nose bleed so far with this pregnancy.  My ob/gyn told me if the inside of my nose is dry I can use the saline spray to moisten things up and that might help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep! I have been getting blood almost every time I sneeze. A couple times I've had full-on nose bleeds. The inside of my nose has been dry, and feels so tight.

Last night I tried putting some petroleum jelly in my nose with a q-tip. I was sure it would feel bad, be stinky, gross in general... but it was heaven. Why I haven't done this sooner is beyond me. I repeated it when I got up this morning. So far, my nose hurts less, the inside isn't dry, and I haven't had any blood.

Good luck with yours, I hope it gets better soon! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Options

As a child I used to get them all the time. I started getting them about a month into my pregnancy again. My doctor said they are very common. Just really annoying, especially because in the beginning they would come at the worst time!

Just keep extra tissues around.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am right around 16 weeks and I have had many nosebleeds.  Around 14 weeks I was having a little nosebleed every morning and night.  According to my Dr. this is totally normal.  If it ever is a gusher nose bleed that doesn't go away after 20 minutes then you may want to get it checked out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    another random bonus with pregnancy haha.  I have had maybe one nose bleed in my entire life, but with this pregnancy they are here all the time! Mostly during the middle of the night on my pee runs lol.  Just make sure to monitor them because you can loose too much blood or if they don't stop within how long, it can be a sign of per-eclampsia i was told- but it'd have to be crazy long and lots to be up to that i think.     I learned to buy tissue's in bulk and we have a box in every area of the house.. from beside to toilet to three different spots in the living room lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Funny, I posted something similar yesterday I think - not sure where it was though. I just started getting them. It first happened yesterday morning, about 2 hours after I got up, and then again same time this morning. Totally random, and it went away very quickly. But definitely enough for me to stick a tissue up there to stop it.

I had to call my doc today for some other things and brought it up. The nurse said it was totally common, and can happen when the climate changes. No need to worry.

Lilypie - (5HR9)

• Options
    I usually only get them at high altitudes, but I get them during pregnancy too.  They aren't free flowing but they are still bothersome! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"