Trouble TTC
Options

Those who have had laps with no symptoms

I'm curious to know how many women with no symptoms end up finding something during the lap.  I want to hear from those who found nothing, and those who found endo and scar tissue and whatnot.

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

Re: Those who have had laps with no symptoms

• Options
    Punkymama had success after her lap with no symptoms!  GL Btay!!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

imagejesselayne8:

Hiiiiii Jesselayne, xoxo!

Btay, I ended up with a Dx of Stage 2/moderate endo, had not one effen symptom of endo and went through 3 IUIs before I had the lap.  My lap was in early May and I got my BFP early July. 

GL sweetie with the lap!  This may sound odd but if they find endo and remove it, it's a good thing!

<3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepunkymama:

imagejesselayne8:

Hiiiiii Jesselayne, xoxo!

Btay, I ended up with a Dx of Stage 2/moderate endo, had not one effen symptom of endo and went through 3 IUIs before I had the lap.  My lap was in early May and I got my BFP early July. 

GL sweetie with the lap!  This may sound odd but if they find endo and remove it, it's a good thing!

I told my mom that I never thought I'd be hoping for endo, but I really am. I'm actually going to be way more upset if he finds nothing

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options
    imagebtaylor19:

I told my mom that I never thought I'd be hoping for endo, but I really am. I'm actually going to be way more upset if he finds nothing

I was the same exact way!  I wish there was a blood test or something so you could have a better idea of if you need to have a lap done. 

My RE kept re-iterating there was a high chance he wouldn't find any or very little.  I think he was trying to prepare me for the worse case scenario.  My RE also said there were a lot of women with no symptoms that did end up having endo, more so than the women who had a lap and they found nothing in his cases and his partners'.

<3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

with my 1st Lap..they found endo and my bicornuate uterus. My 2nd Lap the endo was severe. Attached to everything it could attach too and scar tissue. I am having my 3rd lap next friday. My obgyn did a Endometrial biopsy and found bleeding. He thinks the endo has formed on my tubes causing them to clog.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My original lap was scheduled for July after IUI #3 if it didn't work. Well after everything that happened in July and thinking I had miscarried, I ended up having an emergency lap to remove the ectopic, and during that he looked around at everything else and found NOTHING out of the ordinary. I did not have any symptoms so he was not surprised that he did not find anything, and is hopeful for my up coming cycle.
    TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had my first lap in 2007. No endo/scar tissue was found but they did find IBS-C. I was on BCP at the time. Gyno thinks that BCP had endo under control at the time. Now they want to do another one. Current symptoms are severe bleeding fill a heavy tampon in 30 minutes, severe cramps, spotting 2-5 days before AF (sounds like it would be implantation but I do it every month for the past 2.5 years.) Some pain during sex. I had one cycle 4 months ago where I bled for 4 weeks straight. I have been off BCP for 4 years now. None of this has convinced me enough to have the lap but I might be gun shy being that they didn't find any the last time. GL!
  • Options

My lap was for my septum removal but also b/c of suspected endo due to unusually heavy periods. Fortunately/unfortunately (depending on how you look at it, I suppose), I just have unusually heavy periods, no endo. 

I hope you get great news! 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options

imagejesselayne8:

::waves!:: I miss seeing you around Jesse!!! 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options
    imagepunkymama:
    imagebtaylor19:

I was the same exact way!  I wish there was a blood test or something so you could have a better idea of if you need to have a lap done. 

My RE kept re-iterating there was a high chance he wouldn't find any or very little.  I think he was trying to prepare me for the worse case scenario.  My RE also said there were a lot of women with no symptoms that did end up having endo, more so than the women who had a lap and they found nothing in his cases and his partners'.

Btay, I don't know how accurate this is, but my first RE suggested that a blood test- CA125 could be used to monitor endometriosis growth. I have no idea how valid this is and if it can be used to diagnose or just to monitor but you may want to ask about it before going in for a lap?  I had plenty of symptoms before my lap so I won't answer that part of your question. But also I wanted to say that both RE's that I went to told me that having just had a lap and removed endo is the number one fertility treatment available for someone with endo so ... in a way, a find is a good thing. GL!

• Options

imagejesselayne8:

OMG!  I can't believe how far along you are!!

Btay - I only had symptoms for a few months prior to my lap.  I never had severe cramping before those few months even when I was off birth control.  But my RE told my mom that I have probably had it most of my life.

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"