Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Where does baby sleep while visiting family?

If you visit family/friends at their house for a long period of time, where do you put your baby for naps?  I'm reading that the pack n play bassinet weight limit is 15, and my daughter is almost that heavy... 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where does baby sleep while visiting family?

• Options
    If your baby has reached the weight limit you put the pad on the bottom of the pac n play. 
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagemhaas28:
    If your baby has reached the weight limit you put the pad on the bottom of the pac n play. 

OK. I thought of that, but what if I want to leave the baby with my mom?  I don't know if she can bend over like that to get her out.... Maybe I'm not giving my mom enough credit. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemhaas28:

This.  Just remove the newborn napper portion and use the actually PNP.  That is what we do when we travel, unless we are at a hotel, in which case we ask for a crib (they have real mattresses and DD sleeps better on them).

• Options
    imagealisonemma:

imagemhaas28:

OK. I thought of that, but what if I want to leave the baby with my mom?  I don't know if she can bend over like that to get her out.... Maybe I'm not giving my mom enough credit. 

Does she have back problems or some other malady that would make you think that she can't reach? I don't mean that snarky, I'm just asking.

Take the bassinet thing out and see if your mom can do it.

My mom is 50 and she's as capable as a 25 year old. She has no problems while watching DS every day while I'm at work. She has more energy than my 15 year old sister.

My step-mom is 59 and works 3rd shift in a wearhouse slinging boxes. She doesn't babysit, but I'd imagine she could lift him out of a PNP just fine.

My MIL is 62 and feeble as an old horse. She can barely walk down the stairs, let alone actually pick up my DS. She has to sit down and we hand him to her on the off chance that she wants to hold him.

Age is nothing but a state of mind.

• Options
    When we visit my parents it is always overnight and DD sleeps in her pnp in my room at night, but for naps I often just put her on my bed, surrounded by pillows etc. to keep her from rolling off. We never stay overnight at the ILs, so we don't bring the pnp and she just naps on a bed. At friends' we often put her down in their crib/pnp/swing.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My mom has this bouncer at her house. It is a weight limit of 40 lbs. He naps in this when I am in Texas, but he hates to nap in a crib or pac n play at home.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FISHER-PRICE-INFANT-TO-TODDLER-ROCKER/14264238

It is also fun to play in. Also, the vibrate stays on! BIG plus with my son 

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use the KidCo PeaPod Travel Bed.  You can get it almost anyplace.  It is the best thing.  My almost 5 month old loves it and we have travelled quite a bit already.  You can put it right on your bed and tie it down even though my son does not wiggle it around.  Your mom would be able to get that baby in and out.  We have used in on a bed and on the floor in a hotel since it has a blow up matterss with it.
  • Options
    We use the nap nanny... he loves it and sleeps great in it. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Honestly, on the floor on a blanket in a back bedroom. Sometimes we take the RNP along for him to sleep in that, but more often than not, we find an out of the way corner and let him crash there. But I also let him nap on the livingroom floor when we're home; he seems to prefer to be where the activity is, and he's sleeps through the noise fine, so...
  • Options

Thanks, everyone, for the good ideas!

My mom does seem to think she'll be able to get the baby out of the bottom of the RNP, so we'll give that a try!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"