Maryland Babies
Options

Baby shower questions (kinda long)

So, here's the situation.  I know I'll be having a baby shower at work (they tend to go all out here) and most of my local friends work in the same place I do, so I was totally fine with that being my only baby shower (I only had a single bridal shower, and it was at work, but both my bridesmaids work here too, so it was awesome). 

All of my family and DH's live far away (we're talking like Tennessee, Montana, California, Georgia) and we aren't having baby showers in any of those locations.  Two of my friends here (the bridesmaids) told me this morning that they want to throw me a shower outside of work.  I'm really excited, but they asked for help with the invite list, and I don't know the "proper" ettiquite. 

Do we invite the very out of town relatives (sisters, moms, aunts) as a courtesy?  I don't want to seem gift grabby, but I don't want them to feel left out either.  Our moms have already bought us lots of stuff, so I don't want it to look like a ploy for more gifts.  What about the other girls from work (not in my immediate group) that I socialize with outside work?  I'm really not looking for double gifts, but I actually like these people, and would love for them to be invited.

So, ladies, please fill me in on all the "rules" of baby showers.  I'm pretty clueless.

IMG_2304IMG_3206
Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Baby shower questions (kinda long)

• Options
    I would invite the close relatives (moms, sisters, aunts) even if they are OOT and couldn't attend. It's still nice to be invited.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    For my shower, I invited my aunt who lives in Florida, eventhough I knew she would not be attending. If she had lived in the area, I knew that she would come. Plus, I knew she would wonder if she didn't get an invite.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

ditto PPs- I would invite OOT family and friends with whom you are close. 

I would not invite people who would also be invited to the work shower. It sounds like your work place is pretty social and not just one of those places where everyone chips in $5 to buy something, so I think having them participate in your work shower is enough.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"