Pregnant after IF

Good and Strange OB appointment

I met my actual OB for the first time yesterday, and I really like him. My BP is a little high and there's protein in my urine, but we knew that because of my kidney issue. He's not worried about my bp right now and says there's plenty we can do to lower it if we need to. I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time and he said everything looks great.

So the weird news. I mentioned that MFM wanted to induce me at 38 weeks. He said "38, 37... we'll praise God if we get there". Uhm... huh? I mean I knew I was high risk and I was prepared for some complications, but... praising God to get to 37 weeks? That is making me nervous. I guess all I can do is do the best I can and keep getting monitored monthly. For now all looks good. But I'd really love to keep the baby in to 37 weeks! And now I'm nervous that it won't happen. He did keep saying everything will be ok, and since my kidney function is normal right now it should be fine. But he still freaked me out!

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

Re: Good and Strange OB appointment

• Hang in there.  The OB's and other doctors just have to tell you all of the complications that can happen - it does not mean that they will.  I am pregnant with triplets and me and my hubby had to hear all about selective reduction in the beginning but we understood it was more "protocol" than anything else and that it was not a choice for us.

Good Luck and hope you have a smooth pregnancy and take the baby to term.

Adalynn, Brynn and Elena born October 13th, 2011! They were our triplet surprise and everyday is a blessing. Brynn Victoria was born 3lbs 7oz 16", Adalynn Louise born 3lbs 6oz 16 3/4" and Elena Marie born 3lbs 10oz.
  • Thank you and congrats on your triplets! I hope everything goes smoothly for you as well!

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"