Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Question about 4oz Dr. Brown's Bottles

Have any of you ladies put more than 4oz in there?  I want to try to put 4.5 - 5 oz but wonder if it will leak like the bottle says.  I do not want to buy an 8oz bottle unless I need to b/c I EP and was told that my LO may never take more than 5oz at a time.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about 4oz Dr. Brown's Bottles

• I put 5 oz in one of them all the time and haven't had any problems yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks!  Do you do anything different like not warm it as much or not screw it on as tight?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've put more in and it's leaked a little.  Give a shot and see if yours leak.
  • Before we moved up to the 8 oz bottles, i routinely put 5oz in the 4oz bottle.  Why were you told that your LO may never take more than 5 oz?  I've been EPing since DD was 3 weeks old and she now takes five to six 6 oz bottles per day.
    BFP#1 on 7.1.10 ~ Little Miss M born on 3.3.11 BFP#2 on 4.7.12 ~ EDD 12.17.12 ~ natural MC at 6w3d BFP#3 in 11.5.12 ~ EDD 6.29.13 ~ angel baby lost at 18w6d due to terminal diagnosis
  • Dont fill them to the top, but 5 ounces fits pretty well in all of mine.

• I would invest in a few 8 oz bottles if it were me, they aren't terribly expensive and I think your LO will eventually want more than 5 oz.  DD1 was drinking 8oz bottles when she was 9-12 months old, and DD2 now drinks 4-6 oz regularly.  Plus, if you buy them now, you will get a lot of use out of them as opposed to buying them when your LO is 8-9 months old.  Whenever I tried to put more than 4 oz in the 4oz bottles, they leaked, but apparently it works for some. 
  • My mistake was to buy a dozen 4 oz bottles and she was consuming over 4-5 oz per feeding by the time she was 3 months. So I had to buy a bunch of 8 oz bottles and the 4 oz are collecting dust. If I could do it again, I would just buy all 8 oz Dr. Browns.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 48
  • imagekelklump:

Dont fill them to the top, but 5 ounces fits pretty well in all of mine.

Bump!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"