November 2011 Moms
Options

Stupid sterilizer question

I'm looking into a bottle sterilizer - first off, anyone have any recommendations?  And second, will any brand work or do I need one that is compatible with the kind of bottles I plan on using?  And if I'm pumping, do I need to sterilize the pump also?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stupid sterilizer question

• Options
    We used steam bags made by munchkin. You get like 10 uses out of one bag and it is super easy. Just pour some water in the bag put in your bottles/paci's/ pump equipment and microwave. Cheap, effective and easy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have one by the Munchkin brand, you just pop it in the microwave and let it go for 2 minutes and then its done! You can also put breast pump equipment in it as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stupid question - this works on plastic bottles too, right? 
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used the sterlizing bags as well (I think the ones I had may have been Medela, but it's the same thing)--for both bottle and pump parts; and yes it can be used on plastic bottles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used the Medela steam bags for the pump parts and if there was only one bottle or a few pacis that needed to be cleaned, but we had the Avent sterilizer and we just ran it at night after washing the bottles.  That way we could get more sterilized at one time.
  • Options
    We have the Avent microwavable sterelizer and love it. And we just make everything we need fit as we did not end up using the Avent bottles. We even sterilized the sippys in there too!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"