Houston Babies
Options

evan is sick :(

He has had a little bit of diarrhea since Sunday. The doctor just told me that if it lasts more than a week we need to bring him in.

Anything else I need to be doing? He is fine otherwise.

thanks!

Re: evan is sick :(

• Options

I always give Mason probiotics when he has any type of tummy issues.  You can get a powder form at most natural health/vitamin stores, get the one you store in the fridge, those in the fridge are supposed to be better.    If you can't find something like that, you can usually find a capsule form at any drug store (it doesn't have to be a "kid" one) and empty a capsule into a drink. 

Good luck!  I hope he gets better quickly!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options

We've given Georgia Pedialyte when she's sick just so she has nutrients still. Our pedi always stresses that dehydration is the biggest concern.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Pedialyte or diluted gatorade and the brat diet.  Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast.

Hope he feels better soon!

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    we're drinkings "banana juice" around here (plain pedialyte mixed with frozen banana and blended). 
  • Options
    imageBritanyV:

I always give Mason probiotics when he has any type of tummy issues.  You can get a powder form at most natural health/vitamin stores, get the one you store in the fridge, those in the fridge are supposed to be better.    If you can't find something like that, you can usually find a capsule form at any drug store (it doesn't have to be a "kid" one) and empty a capsule into a drink. 

Good luck!  I hope he gets better quickly!

If you don't have any on hand, yogurt has some probiotics benefits. 

image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Options

imagemelrrr:
    we're drinkings "banana juice" around here (plain pedialyte mixed with frozen banana and blended). 

Oh, what a good idea!

And make sure he goesn't get too much juice. Too much sugar from things like apple juice can pull extra fluid into the intestines and cause loose stool. When our Evan is constipated our doctor has us give him apple juice.

Hope your little guy feels better soon!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

thanks guys! we have cut out all the juice and started the probiotics. apparently several kids have it at the day care, so I guess it is a virus or something.

i hope it clears up soon!

• Options
    so: re the banana juice, we've had to stop as the nurse told her to do a clear liquid diet, and start BRAT after that. 
  • Options
    if it is a virus, how long can I expect to last? i know eveyr kid is different but just an idea?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"