Trouble TTC
Options

Ladies who have taken fertility herbs

Hi, I'm a lurker on this board (normally I post over on GP) but I thought I would check over here with this question. My acu has me working with an herbalist to do herbs for 3-4 months. She looked over my charts and did an evaluation and just wrote me a prescription for herbs to pick up online. 

I was sort of surprised that the herbs are actually pills and not tea. I don't know why I was assuming it would be teas. For anyone who has taken fertility herbs, were they pills or teas? Does anyone have an opinion on one vs. the other? 

She has me on a 15 day follicular formula and then a 14 day luteal phase formula. I normally O around CD 17-20, so I'm really curious to see if these herbs can really bring my O date up a few days. 

Any insight would be great - thanks ladies! 

Re: Ladies who have taken fertility herbs

• Options
    I took similar sounding herbs from the accu as well. They were in pill form. She said the teas take a while to brew and it stinks up the house. GL
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My acu gave me pills too.  I only took them until ovulation because I was nervous about what was in them and taking them during the LP. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine are pills, and I have four separate bottles for the 4 weeks of my cycle.  It has not helped move my O date up (usually 17-18, not bad), but it has definitely alleviated some of my PMS symptoms (which is nice when you're getting hit with AF coming and the reality of not being pregnant -- don't need major mood swings and backaches too).  My LP has also lengthened by a couple of days and my morning temps are more stable... and I overall have more energy.

Since I'm doing the herbs in conjunction with the acu, I'm not sure which changes can be attributed to acu versus herbs.  However, my acupuncturist said that the lessening of PMS symptoms was thanks to the herbs, and that was a nice side effect!

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Options

I am taking herbs for this unmedicated cycle.

Mine are in powder form though not pills or tea. So I usually take my dose with some applesauce. I just scoop the right amount of the powder into a bowl and add the applesauce. Not super appetizing but I eat it really really fast so it's not too bad.

I had a Menses formula, now I have an Ovulation formula and then I expect I'll have a Luteal kind of formula in a week or so.

This is my first month trying herbs, so I don't have any thoughts on whether they work or not, but I'm hopeful and I haven't noticed any bad side effects.

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"