Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Worried about preschool

I apologize in advance for lack of spacing. Stupid iPad! My DS starts "school" next week and I'm worrying myself sick about it! He's only been at home with me since he was born and my DH and I thought it would be good to get him enrolled in school for socialization, etc. He loves other children and makes friends easily at the park. He is usually well-behaved but does have his bad days:-) my only experience leaving him at "daycare" was at the gym when he was 18 months old. He screamed so much, they had to pull me out of yoga to take him home and I can't seem to get that out of my head. Any other moms with this "fear" of preschool. Experienced moms, did your LO do well if you had some concerns? He is only going 2 days a week for 1/2 days.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Worried about preschool

• Options
    I'll be honest, my DS doesn't love daycare, he's always sad when i drop him off, but he always tells me had fun playing with his friends. We toured some preschool a few months ago to get an idea for his next step and he loved the preschool. Loved them. He was hysterical when we left, lol. I think more kids, different toys, the crafts, etc, distracted him from the idea of mommy leaving him behind. Our daycare is a little home daycare with maybe 5 kids, so it doesn't have the same distractions:) good luck, I'm sure it will go better than you imagine!
  • Options
    I just started DS on Monday 3 days a week and I was terrified.  Worried myself sick.  He is doing well.  He is very shy but didn't cry when I dropped him off.  He just held the teachers hand.  Today the same thing - I was impressed the teacher offered him her hand even though she was holding a more upset child.  By the end of the day he was sitting with the group playing blocks.  He took a normal nap and ate all his lunch - which he never does.  He is speech delayed and yesterday when he was home he talked more then ever before.  Yes he would probably rather be at home because that is what he is usse to but I already feel that day is really helping his socialization.  In your case it is only 2 days a week so you are still going to have the beneifits of plenty of mommy time.  Try not to stress to much.  It will be okay and most likely benefit LO.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! His teacher invited us to the classroom today and DS loved her. He even met a little friend there today. His teacher reassured me that they deal with separation anxiety all the time but she thought Liam looked extremely comfortable. I feel a little bit better now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This post edited by moderator to remove hyperlink spam.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"