January 2011 Moms
Options

poop

For those of you that are well into solids with your LO, has anything much changed with their poop? Simon used to be an everyday kind of guy. But the last two days he's had nothing. Then a sprinkling of rabbit pellets. Then right before bed he took a crap as big as his head. No joke. He didn't show any signs of trouble passing it, and the giant poop wasn't dry or anything, but the rabbit pellets have me worried he was dehydrated.

So to continue with my questioning- it is getting increasingly difficult to get him to take a bottle. He's too bored sitting still for 10 minutes. And he LOVES chowing down on his table food. Has anyone tried to give an actual BM/Formula feeding with a sippy cup? Anyone have any success? Any other suggestions for keeping his liquid intake up? I know it's important for him to continue the formula for nutritional reasons, but I need some help.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: poop

• Options

1. I hear you on the poop...we go from ploppable to pea soup... I started giving him some plain full fat Greek yogurt for breakfast and it seems to help regulate him more. Also, when his poop gets a bit too firm I give him a  little bit of water in his sippy cup. (Our pedi recommended it.

2. I nurse, so I'm probably not all that helpful. Although, my LO started refusing the bottle this summer so we had to explore other options for when I needed to be out and about. We found that he will take a sippy or cup no problem. So, I would probably try a sippy cup for a feeding if he won't take his bottles anymore. It is the same thing as long as he is getting the same amount of fluids. Or try a cup. Also, I give my LO a sippy or cup of formula with his food to sip along as he eats. (Not as a formula feeding but in addition to it.)

Hope that helps a bit.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It does, thank you! My worry about giving formula in the sippy is that he'll mess around with it and not actually drink it all. It's encouraging to hear it has worked for you! I'll try it out tomorrow and see how he does. 

And our pedi was adamant about no dairy until after 1 year. He had some dairy issues when he was first born. I will certainly be giving him yogurt after that though! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yikes. No yogurt then. Maybe try a cup then. I usually just put a little bit in a bottle with no cap and help him sip from it.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I put a couple ice cubes in a mesh feeder after we finish our walk so she gets cool and a little extra water.

She is sooo not feeling the sippy though. sigh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD's poop is so unpredictable lately. Sometimes it's every couple days and it's solid like an adult's poop. Today she went twice and it was more like peanut butter and filled the whole diaper. Whenever she seems to be struggling to get her poops out, I feed her prunes or mango and she will have a nice soft BM within a few hours.

There is actually a post over on 6-9 right now about when to switch from bottle to sippy cup. I've given DD water and apple juice in her sippy and she hates both. I may just go straight to formula, and then cow milk when the time comes. It's crazy to think that in just a few months our LOs will be getting all solid meals and drinks from a sippy. I'm not ready for a toddler!!

• Options
    imageSweetHurricane:

DD's poop is so unpredictable lately. Sometimes it's every couple days and it's solid like an adult's poop. Today she went twice and it was more like peanut butter and filled the whole diaper. Whenever she seems to be struggling to get her poops out, I feed her prunes or mango and she will have a nice soft BM within a few hours.

There is actually a post over on 6-9 right now about when to switch from bottle to sippy cup. I've given DD water and apple juice in her sippy and she hates both. I may just go straight to formula, and then cow milk when the time comes. It's crazy to think that in just a few months our LOs will be getting all solid meals and drinks from a sippy. I'm not ready for a toddler!!

I am so jealous right now. I was feeding this kid prunes like no tomorrow with no result. :sigh: 

Simon rocks his sippy cup, but doesn't drink much out of it total, which is why I'm hesitant to put his formula in there. I also am NOT ready for a bottle-less baby! This year has flown by! But I'd rather have a 9 month old with no bottle than a 2 year old with one. lol!

• Options
    imageamandabrown530:
    imageSweetHurricane:

I am so jealous right now. I was feeding this kid prunes like no tomorrow with no result. :sigh: 

Simon rocks his sippy cup, but doesn't drink much out of it total, which is why I'm hesitant to put his formula in there. I also am NOT ready for a bottle-less baby! This year has flown by! But I'd rather have a 9 month old with no bottle than a 2 year old with one. lol!

Try mango! DD loves it and it always gets her going.

• Options
    imageSweetHurricane:

Yes  will do!

• Options
    imageamandabrown530:
    imageSweetHurricane:

Yes  will do!

I have found a kiwi/peaches mixture works quite nicely also.  If you choose to call the end result nice.

• Options
    imagebethyla:
    imageamandabrown530:
    imageSweetHurricane:

Yes  will do!

I have found a kiwi/peaches mixture works quite nicely also.  If you choose to call the end result nice.

LMAO! Yes, good point. 

• Options
    JT has been irregular in his pooping...one day nada the next day alotta ;) I do water in the sippy only....haven't tried FM yet since I'm still nursing but I think it's a great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"