1st Trimester
Options

How often are you suppose to schedule doctors appointments?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new at this mommy thing!  I have gone to my first doctors appointment and they sent me to get all the tests done for birth defects and so on.  Well that was at my 6 week mark. I'm now going on 10 weeks and haven't heard from the doctor. Should I be concerned?  Should I schedule my next appointment?  The women at the desk told me I wouldn't have to but I don't want to miss out on something that I should be doing.

Need help from experienced mommies! 

Re: How often are you suppose to schedule doctors appointments?

• Options
    You'll go once every 4 weeks until about 28 weeks or so.  At that point you'll start going every two weeks.  Once you hit 36 weeks you'll start going every week.  Every office is a bit different, but that's a pretty standard guideline.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• Options

Just curious, what tests did they do for birth defects at 6 weeks?  Do you just mean they drew blood to check antibodies, blood type, etc. and also to see if you're a carrier for genetic diseases? 

Do you have any future appointments scheduled?  If not, I would call to find out when they want to see you next.  Most people don't go in much in the first tri but they usually know when their next appointment is.  Maybe someone was supposed to call you and forgot.  You should also call now if you want the NT scan because it needs to be done between 11 weeks and 13 weeks 6 days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went at 6, 8, & 10 weeks. Now my appts are every 3 weeks until the 3rd tri when they go to every two weeks and then once a week for the last month or so. My next one is at 13 weeks and I have a sonogram. The first Genetic testing for my dr is done anywhere within weeks 10-13.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageRitzy19:
    You'll go once every 4 weeks until about 28 weeks or so.  At that point you'll start going every two weeks.  Once you hit 36 weeks you'll start going every week.  Every office is a bit different, but that's a pretty standard guideline.

This.  And everytime I leave my dr's office they schedule my next appointment.

It's a GIRL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm surprised they haven't told you when your next appointment should be. Maybe I'm missing this from your OP, but what's the harm in calling to find out since you obviously haven't heard from them?
    Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At my first appointment they scheduled me for my next two.  Four weeks apart until 28 weeks.  Then two weeks apart and at some point every week.  You should definitely be going back. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"