January 2011 Moms

intro

hi ladies,

just wanted to say hi with my new name!

Re: intro

• Welcome back! What was your name before?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • back atcha!
  • So.... are we supposed to guess? Or just be in the dark?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ha haha, sorry i didn't mean it to be a secret.  it was harmony8283. 
  • This wouldn't have anything to do with the enormous post over on 9-12 would it.
  • ha ha, i thought it would be funny to play some MUD... it got way out of control. so yes, i'm now changing my name. last time i play mud....
  • You seriously expect me to believe that nonsensical hate you were spewing was MUD and you get a free pass for it?  I guess that means I get to be the first to tell you to go f*ck yourself on your new name, awesome.

FIRST!

• um, it was MUD... wow guess i'm not invited back to play now?
  • This is the link, if anyone else is curious.  It's a 10 pager or so.  I only read as far as page 7 where she asserted that gay couples shouldn't have the same benefits as 'normal' people and gave up.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/57456492.aspx

• I don't play with duplicitous bigots.  Sorry.
  • i said it was MUD, and i said i was sorry for dumb MUD....
  • I'm glad you took the time to explain how it was totally MUD and apologize before you got called out, though.  Classy move.  Makes your contrition suuuuper believable.
  • called out for what?  i said it was mud in that post.  goodness
  • soo.... is broccoli speaking for the board and i'm not invited to play because of some mud? really?
  • imagebroccolitree:

This is the link, if anyone else is curious.  It's a 10 pager or so.  I only read as far as page 7 where she asserted that gay couples shouldn't have the same benefits as 'normal' people and gave up.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/57456492.aspx

Thanks for linking that. From what I read..it doesn't look like MUD to me. 

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG I tried to read the whole thing but the ignorance is hurting my head.  Must go to bed.
  • Ok, just my 2 cents, and I'm sorry to perpetuate what has already been discussed.

I get the impression that you're embarrassed about what went down on the 6-9 board with making a new screen name. However I don't get the impression that it was MUD, and posting an intro here without owning up to that was a bad idea, IMO. 

I can understand the feeling of being able to say a lot of things while hiding behind the feeling of anonymity the internet gives. However the people on here are just as real as you or your sister or your neighbor. I wouldn't say things online I wouldn't say to someone's face. Also keep in mind that once something is on the internet, its there forever. Forever. There is no amount of deleting that can make it go away, so I'd suggest really thinking about something before you hit that "post" button.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. I feel you said some really insensitive (to put it nicely) things that would apply to me and also others on this board. Would you say negative things directly to me for having had an abortion or living on government assistance when DH lost his job? (hypothetical question, I don't expect an answer) I don't think you would, so you need to keep those types of things in mind when posting. 

All that said, I have no problem with you participating on the board talking about our LOs. But I would hate to see the type of thing going on in that thread coming over here. And I think you should own up to everything, just to settle things with everyone. If you keep saying things like it was mud, etc, I don't see at all how that could go over well. 

There's my 2 cents.

• I wasn't thinking, and said alot of insensitive and mean things. I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, and really only meant to play devils advocate (mud)... Do I agree with abortion or any of those other topics mentioned? No. but then again i've never been faced with a hard desicion like that myself. I'm really sorry that I got carried away and said some things I can't take back. I'd like to continue being apart of this board.... But not if the board doesn't want me around. All I can do is apologize that it got out of hand.
  • What is the point of changing your name?
  • Of course I don't speak for the board.  I think I made it pretty clear that I think your mindset is abominable, not that we think so.  This being the internet, even if everyone else agrees with me and would like you to kindly go play in traffic, it doesn't make a lick of difference in terms of whether you can stick around.
  • Again with the inconsistency.  Here, you're claiming everything you said was MUD.  In another post, you claimed you DO believe the things you said, just not to the extent that your words indicated.

If you deliberately said things that you know are offensive specifically to get everyone riled up, you can't be surprised that people got offended and riled up, and you can't start whining that people were being mean to you.  The persecution complex is unbecoming, really.

• imagecornflower11:
    I wasn't thinking, and said alot of insensitive and mean things. I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, and really only meant to play devils advocate (mud)... Do I agree with abortion or any of those other topics mentioned? No. but then again i've never been faced with a hard desicion like that myself. I'm really sorry that I got carried away and said some things I can't take back. I'd like to continue being apart of this board.... But not if the board doesn't want me around. All I can do is apologize that it got out of hand.

I stand by everything I said in that thread. Including the post about feeling sorry for and worrying about your child. Again, a person that actually behaves like a Christian, instead of just claiming that they are one, would not even begin to imagine that the hate and bigotry you posted would be appropriate in any situation, even as MUD or playing the Devil's advocate. One who doesn't have that hate and bigotry in their heart, wouldn't ever consider it fun, amusing, or even reasonable to post what you did.

And this post and your non-"apology" post just go to prove that you really think you didn't say anything wrong and therefore, you are a hateful bigot.

And to answer your "can I post here" query--these boards are open to anyone in the public, you can post all you want. Just understand that people have memories and are also free to call you out for your hate and bigotry as much as they want.

• Angry

I think you should take a vacation from the bump....

• Since it was MUD, does that mean you don't believe that homosexuality is a choice and you never prayed for your sister to "choose" heterosexuality?
  • I haven't read the thread yet which I will probably read as soon as LO takes her first nap but I have a feeling that reading that thread will make my blood boil.
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • imageMrsLynn:
    I haven't read the thread yet which I will probably read as soon as LO takes her first nap but I have a feeling that reading that thread will make my blood boil.

Its like 12 pages long or something, so grab some coffee and a danish.

• cornflower/harmony or whatever your name is...I have 3 things to say.

1.We are not learning impaired.  No one believes your bigotry was Mud.  You posted something similar a few weeks ago about teh evil gays. 

2. If I were you I would let this cool off for a few weeks and come back with a new screen name and try not to let your ignorance show too much with your new identity.

3.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me your sisters email address.  I would like to invite her to be a part of my family.  While there is some ignorance on my partners side...thats right I'm teh gay...omg!  Anyway my side is really kick ass and she could come to thanksgiving and stuff.  My aunt cooks a really good turkey and if she promises not to steal stuff as many of teh gays do these days according to you...she could even sleep on my fold out sofa.  Let her know it's super comfy and not one of those cheap ass ones with the bar in the middle.

• You say MUD...I'm not buying that it's Made Up...just that it's Drama. And did you not think people would catch on to your new name? What was the point of that?
  • MUD drama? Are you seriously fkn kidding us? Good Lord.
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"