1st Trimester
Options

sick sick and more sickness.

I dont think i have ever been more sick in my life .. has any one eles had migraine that make you basically have no choice then to sit in a dark room with cold cloths on my face and neck. And if so what helps? im desperate.

Re: sick sick and more sickness.

• Options

I hear you! I've been throwing up a lot and on top of that migraines. I'm already very prone to migraines so when I went to my doctors appointment I let them know.  The doctor gave me medication that is safe for the baby but helps with my migraines. My husband rubs my neck and back and cool cloth on my head.  Just make sure your temperature doesnt get to high. I always had gotten fevers with my migraines.

Good Luck 

• Options

I had migraines horrible my first pregnancy that I am just dreading it this time around...I had one that I had for 5 days and basically couldn't eat or sleep or move from my dark bedroom before the doctor finally stopped telling me to "sleep through it." I showed up in the ER in tears because I was so at my wits end that they had to hook me up to an IV to replace the fluids I lost (3 bags) and my doctor came down and put me on morphine so I could sleep through it and give my body some rest.  It was horrible...

Just make sure that if you think it is going on too long or it's gotten bad that you do something about it!  Be proactive...because the doctor's love to give the answer "well, you're pregnant, things are just going to drag on for you and your body is going to react different." 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My last pregnancy I had TERRIBLE "morning" sickness that lasted 24/7 the entire 9 months but no migraines (I have a history of them so I was surprised). They eventually put me on Zofran and it deinitely helped. 

This time around I am just as sick (huge bummer) AND have had unbearable migraines every other day or so. Not a practical solution for having a 2 year old running around the house while Daddy is at work... I had my first appointment yesterday and she said I could take Zofran along with Unisom (over the counter sleep aid). She said they've had really great success with this combination. 

Zofran should help me feel regulated and ease the sickness and vomiting and therefor I shouldn't get as worn down and this will hopefully reduce my migraines. If not, take a Unisom and try to "sleep it off" that way.

Oh yeah, and up to 100 mg of vitamin b6. I hope this helps!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"