Working Moms
Options

Sleeping situation for toddler at DC?

DS used to sleep in his PNP at daycare. My mom picked him up early one day last week and he was sleeping on a thin mat. My mom thought it was a strange sleeping arrangement because she thought the mat was too small and that basically he was sleeping on the floor. We pick him up after nap time. I still thought he was sleeping in the PNP. When my DH asked about the sleeping arrangements he was told our DS outgrew his PNP. We offered to bring one in from home but she said they transition into the mat. I just thought it was weird because we were never informed on the change and I want my DS to be comfy. There are still multiple PNP is his room too and my DS is not big. My DS is in the 1-2 yr old room.

What are your child's sleeping arrangements? 

Re: Sleeping situation for toddler at DC?

• Options

Our daycare transitioned DD1 to a mat when she moved to the 1 year old room (she was a little over 12 months when she transitioned to that room).  I thought it was too soon, since she was still in a crib at home, but she adjusted very well.  They provide nap mats at our daycare and I think they are kinda thick so I wasn't worried about that. 

If you want your DS back in a PNP, just tell them you aren't happy with the mat situation.  If they aren't listening, talk a little louder.  If it is the mat being so thin that bothers you, maybe you could purchase one for him to use?  There are several daycares in our area that allow people to do this.

• Options
    Every daycare we looked at (we went with a nanny though) has the kids move to floor mats when they move to the 1-2 room.  They don't look super comfy, but DS's slept on them a few times and never seemed to mind.  He's in a toddler bed at home and still in a pnp at the nanny share's family, but he barely fits in it and he's a small 23 month old.  If we had more than 2 weeks left, we would bought a nap mat, but it wasn't worth it since we'll be done with the share within the month.  I'd say he seems fine and it's very normal.  Unless he seems super tired like he's not napping enough there, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our daycare takes kids at 18 mos (12 mos if an older sibling is already enrolled), all kids sleep on a cot. I would actually prefer a mat I think, the cot doesn't look terribly comfy
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have been enrolled in two DC and both switched to a mat on the floor around 1 yr of age.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our DC has small cots that are a few inches off the ground.  They don't allow PNP's, at least not in the room he is in.  I'm totally fine with it.  As long as it's not affecting his sleep, I don't see what the big deal is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS's old school and his new school both use cots (a few inches off the floor) and nap mats.  The mats are thick like a comforter, with a built-in pillow for his head.  DS loves to lay his mat on the floor at home and pretend to sleep, so I assume he likes it.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options

From 18 months old my kids have slept on the little cots 2 or 3 inches off the ground.  They are lightweight frames wrapped in nylon: no foam or cushion at all.

File this under 'no big deal'.  All kids that I know in daycare over 18 months either sleep on mats on the floor or on those little cots.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options

Our center also uses napmats after age 1. DD did fine with it (it's almost peer pressure bc all the kids are on them). We provide the mat so I have one that has a pillow and blanket attached. DD uses it to sleep at my parents house as well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options
    imageridesbuttons:

File this under 'no big deal'.  All kids that I know in daycare over 18 months either sleep on mats on the floor or on those little cots.

Ditto.

And if you want to feel uncomfortable, check out how hard their infant mattresses are. A mat on the floor is probably more comfortable! LOL.

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD started sleeping on a mat around a year old. I don't really understand the problem.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"