November 2011 Moms
Options

having a boo hoo kind of day

So i work at a day care,  in my room I have 12 2 year olds with my and my co worker.  It has been around 30 degrees all week, and the rooms are disgusting hot.  My boss will not kick in the air conditioning until the rooms are around 24 degrees. I beg her all day to turn it on because im just too hot..   last week i literally projectile  puked all over the wall in my room because the heat hit me too hard.    She is all over me about complaining and "whining" about the heat being too much.

I have been so grumpy, and my kids have been so rotten (hitting kicking spitting in my face) I just want to slap my boss!

Am i wrong to be asking her to turn the air on sooner then 24 degrees?   she doesnt seem to understand that body heat adds to the temp outside as well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: having a boo hoo kind of day

• Options

I do not think it's unreasonable to request the air conditioning; particularly if you are getting sick over the heat!  Is there anyone above your boss to talk to? 

I don't deal well with the heat. The few times I have had to be in the heat, I've gotten sick. I'm pretty lucky that my boss is understanding but sometimes I have to give him a gentle reminder that I have a baby on the way,.  

• Options
    anyone above my boss is just as bad.   im so ready to tell them im done.   even though i know i need to work a few more months. im just very frustrated.  I was a hot person before i got preg,  now its becoming unbearable,   all i can say is thank god fall is on its way, and things are cooling down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've got to say, I give you a lot of credit for trying to stick it out a few more months. I had some problems with my bosses the last time and I eventually had to leave. I appealed to my boss's boss, and while he was kind of helpful, I wasn't able to be accommodated, so I was given some sort of like mini package. (I was working a few jobs before 20 weeks of pregnancy). 

Good luck and hopefully the fall will be very, very cold. (I hate being hot too!)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"