Working Moms
Options

Open Letter Wednesday

What's on your mind this week? Vents, confessions, thanks...

This is my last week working from home on Wednesdays. Would someone else want to take over Open Letter Wednesdays? I think it's a good therapy session for us WMs and would be sad to see it end. It only takes a minute. Let me know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
Life is good!

Re: Open Letter Wednesday

• Options

Dear Irene,
    I am counting my blessing that all you punished me with was 60+ hours without power and delaying our closing date. You can be a distant memory soon, ok?
    Sincerely, earthling

Dear DD,
    Your teary eyes when I left this morning hit home. The stress of the move plus my minimal time to devote to you is showing. I am secretly happy your school is closed due to the power failure tomorrow so you and I can have a day alone together. I will do my best to focus on just you and not the chaos that is my life right now. You deserve a 100% mommy day.
    Love, mommy

Dear body,
    I promise when we move to get into better shape, mentally and physically. Just hang in there a couple more weeks, ok?
    Signed, inner self

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • Options
    Dear BGE,Get my power back on!!!$&&;&'fjNo love,Someone who has a completely bare fridge.
    C ~ Spring 2006 Baby! Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dear Me--all things pass, all things are temporary. 2011 has been an incredibly challenging year and it's okay to feel the stress. Something will change soon, and even if it doesn't people survive far worse. Chin up, encourage yourself to do yoga instead of binge eating, and let yourself cry now and then even if DH doesn't like to see it. Love--your weary but optimistic self

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Dear unborn child,

Please start letting me feel you move. Every morning I wake up with this fear something is wrong. If you would just let me feel you move, I might could sleep past 445.

Dear DS1,

I'm so proud of you for getting in the National honor society. Now keep your mind focused on that and not your cheerleader girlfriend.

Dear DH,

quit freaking out about paying for this baby. We will figure it out.We are in a much better place than last time. Both of us work, so we will make it through.

signed,

Me

• Options

Dear Employer,

I'm exhausted. Working 14 hrs/day can be minimized if you opened your eyes to the girl in the cube behind me.  She's not starting her work until 5 pm.  Let the rest of us go home, I don't want to be part of a team anymore.

Tired

Dear Florida,

Please don't rain during our vaca next week.  We planned a lot of outdoor activities.

Stressed traveler

• Options

Dear overly dramatic and crazy SIL:

When you post "It wasn't supposed to be this way but it is .. I really am trying but I know it doesn't matter to you so when you decide to let it matter let me know" on Facebook, EXPECT that people (me) are going to ask what's wrong and want to be nice/helpful to you...you posted it for attention didn't you?  So when I ask "is everything okay?" PLEASE refrain from the Biitchy attitude telling me "it's private" and "I don't want to talk about it, okay?! Leave me alone."  If you wanted to effing be left alone, you wouldn't be such an AW!!!

Signed,

Your piissed off SIL.

Dear SIL and BIL (same SIL):

Yes, I know BIL's bio kid that he put up for adoption 13 years ago just found SIL on FB.  Yes, I know it's exciting, new and strange to have her contacting you.  BUT PLEASE GET SOME FREAKIN' SENSE IN YOUR HEAD AND REALIZE THAT A 29 YEAR OLD MAN AND A 24 YEAR OLD WOMAN HAVE NO BUSINESS HAVING CONTACT WITH A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WITHOUT HER PARENT'S PERMISSION! (Remember, her adoptive dad has not contacted you guys to give you permission to have contact with her, and *I* believe she's lying and has not told him she's in contact with you).  Also, If you want everyone else in the family to "leave you alone" and stop asking about this girl and such, then STOP TALKING TO THE FAMILY ABOUT HER.  Keep your mouths shut, don't tell people stuff, because they are going to talk about it if you do!  Stop being such huge, over dramatic AWs!

signed,

Your annoyed SIL.

Dear BIL's "daughter" that he gave up for adoption 13 years ago:

No, I will not friend you on FB.  I did not know BIL 13 years ago and was not involved in any of the situation that went on back then.  I am not "family" to you.  You HAVE an adoptive family.  I find it inappropriate that anyone in our family is currently having contact with you without your parents' permission.  STOP friend requesting me.

Signed,

The only smart one in the bunch.

Dear DH:

At some point you are going to have to tell your brother and his wife they are crazy.  Or I am going to eventually explode from holding my tongue all this time, and the things I say to them are not going to be pretty.  PLEASE talk some sense into them.

Signed,

Your loving wife!

• Options

Dear Boss,

I really was aggrivated when you wouldn't let me flex my hours from 8-5 with an hour lunch to either a) 7-3 with no lunch, or b) 8-5 4 days and 8-12 1 day, even though you allow others to do so.  With #2 on the way, and having issues finding care for when we need it (odd schedule), you still said no.

So today you inform me that A, the other chick here can leave at 3:30 3 days a week to get her kids off the bus and not come back so she doesn't have to pay the little bit of $$ to put them in after school program for 90 min (which is readily available to her)

Really?

My flexibility is now zero.  Find someone else to come in early, stay late, work weekends for you.  I am done. And when I find a job that allows flex hours, I will be very straight with you as to why I am leaving.

Signed,

Your Over worked and WAY underpaid Office Manager

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.
  • Options

Dear work clients,

It is not ok for you to call me begging for a psychiatry appointment, and after I give in and squeeze you in you then call hours before to cancel. It is unacceptable due to the amount of work it takes to get that accomplished! I don't just write your name down and have the doc see you there is a lot that goes into preping for an appointment, getting insurance stuff done, etc.

Signed super emotional and stressed out staff

Dear Mom,

I know that it is helpful for you to talk about all your fears relating to your best friend's cancer and surgery. However she is my Aunt and I am not that kind of person. I need to not talk about it until worst case scenario is in my face, so please for the love of god stop calling me and texting me with What ifs and your feelings.

Apologetically signed your equally worried daughter

Dear Nanny,

On a personal level you are wonderful and I adore the bond you have with my son. On a professional level I am working hard to find someone new because your children are interfering with your job. I should never agreed to let you bring your 4 children to my home, and I never should have allowed you to take your focus off my DS. Especially for what we pay you! And as the finaly shocker I CANNOT believe that you sent me a picture of my not even 2 yr old son riding a scooter meant for 5 yr olds without a helmet yesterday! Why in gods name did you not only think that was ok but that I would be excited about that?!

Your stressed boss

• Options

Dear New Job:

I'm excited about starting but also quite nervous. I really hope the things the VP of Business Development told me about the administration and HR being a mess aren't true.  I hope that you don't freak out when I start work next week and tell you I am pregnant.  I hope you don't give me a hard time about maternity leave and doctor's appointments.  I am not quite sure how I will make it working for a month with no paycheck.  I also think its insane that you require salaried physicians to clock their time in the computer system!

Signed,

New Doc

Dear Self:

This summer has been so hard in so many ways. One thing after the other. I hope things get better soon.  Let's change our perspective and try to think positively.

Signed,

Me

• Options

Dear Irene -

I'm pretty bummed that you and your microburst uprooted my favorite tree and dumped it in our neighbor's yard.  But thank you for not dumping it on my house.  So many neighbors are out of their homes now, and we're really grateful that we're safe.

Signed, Looking forward to some quality time with a chainsaw this weekend.

Dear DH,

Please stope smoking.  Please.  I really want to enjoy a long life with you.  That's not going to happen if you keep smoking and refuse to work out.

Love, Concerned Wifey

• Options

Dear potential new employers,

Please let me know sometime this year if its a yes or a no so I can stop obsessing about it!! 

signed, anxious possibly new employee

Dear DD,

Please feel better and don't be sad without mama today.  I know you wanted me to stay home and cuddle you, and I'm sorry, I just couldn't. 

love and hugs, mama

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Dear Hurricane Irene,

Thank you so much for knocking out my power for 4 days and preventing me from staying on my wonderful diet.  Thanks to you I've gained back 3 pounds, of the 7 that I lost.

Signed-

Completely unmotivated to stay on my diet now

Dear DH,

STUDY!

Signed-

Your amazingly supportive, but tired of reminding you to study wife

Dear DS,

11lbs, really?!  Where did my little 6 1/2 pound munchkin go?

Signed-

Mommy that thinks you are growing up too fast

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options

Dear DH,

I'm sorry your stressed with your new position at work, but I infact have a full time job too. Please try to take that into consideration every once in a while.

~Your extremely-frustrated-because-she-feels-like-a-single-mom wife.

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

Dear Allergies,

You suck.  Yea, you heard me.  Not only do we have to worry about being vigilant about reading food labels, packing food wherever we go, baking special treats for family birthdays, not being able to spontaneously eat out or trust foods made by others, worry about their safety at school and friends houses, carry epi pens wherever we go and worry about hospitalization and death on a daily basis etc., etc., etc. but we cannot find a safe pet either.

We had a dog who died right after DS#3 was born so the older boys LOVE dogs. But DS#3 is allergic to dogs, DH and I are allergic to cats and two of the boys have peanut/tree nut allergies.  I was thinking a bird would be a good fit but there are nuts in bird seed.  ARRRG!

So, it's official.  I hate you Allergies.  I wish we had never met you.

Signed,

Hateful in Virginia 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

I am sorry to hear this.  I've been in that situation before, at my last job.  My manager was allowed to work 9 hour days, M-Th, but no one else was allowed to have a flex schedule.  As soon as I was on maternity leave with DS (LO #1), I was looking for a new job.  Fortunately, when DS was 6 months old, I found a job I like and boss who is very willing to be flexible with my schedule (I work 9 hour days, 9 days per pay period and have e/o Friday off), come late/leave early as needed for DC, and I can work from home if I need to take one of the kids to the doctor or if they are sick.

GL - I hope you are able to find a new, more flexible job soon!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Dear Idiot-Who-Thought-of-a-Five-Day-Workweek:

I HATE YOU! How dumb are you dictating that we should work 5 out of 7 days each week.  Obviously you were a man who had no children, hated your wife, and hated your life. 

That is all.

Signed: Exhausted Working Mother

• Options

Dear Self,

Do some work!!!  You have too much to do to be sitting here reading Open Letter Wednesday.

Hugs,

Me

Dear Work,

Must you throw everything at me at once?  Some of this spread out would be great.

Thanks,

Your unmotivated employee.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"