October 2011 Moms
Options

Diaper Planning?

Has anyone started to Diaper Plan? I have a few bags of Newborns, 1 & 2...but how many of one size should you stock up on? has anyone found a good website that explains this.

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Diaper Planning?

• Options
    Good question I'll be watching for responses.  I figure at least 10 diaper changes a day in the beginning so I was going to order a box of 245 count newborn size online and then order a big box of size 1 too and see how it goes?
    ?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
    bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
    ?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
    bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
    bfp#4 2/25/13
    beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370
  • Options

It's just like clothing size and depends on your kid. I wouldn't buy a ton of NB though, and some babies are allergic to different brands. DD got rashes from Huggies so we stuck with Pampers.

Also, walmart will exchange brands or sizes if they carry them so that helps if you need it. This time around I bought a small box of NB, a big box and 2 small bags of size 1 and 2s and 2 big boxes of size 3 because DD was in 3s for a while....GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Right now we have a box of NBs (96 diapers) and a box of size 1s (216 diapers).  We also have some sample packs in newborn size from different brands so we can see which work best before buying more.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It does just depend. DS was 8lbs at birth so he was able to fit into 1's almost immediately. We just used the NB until his umbilical cord fell off. It seemed like he was in 3's the longest. Like PP suggested, don't buy too many of the same brand. Different brands work for different babies and moms.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just my experience. My son was very big and went straight to size 1. I'm glad I did not have a huge box of newborn to return online, etc. The hospital will usually send you home with a pack of diapers and and from there you can get what you need. My stocking up includes a pack of size 1 huggies with wetness strip, a box of size 3 kirkland (costco) since they were on sale. We'll go from there. :) You never know when/how quickly your baby will move through the sizes. My son always had to move up before the end of the weight limit. When they start having more blow-outs, it's time to move up a size. If you want to be prepared--have baby wipes and maxi pads for you!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • Options
    Start out with a small amount. Go buy diapers as you need them. I never understand this question. You can still go to the store after you have a baby. FWIW, DD blew through 20+ diapers a day the first few weeks. She pooped constantly.
  • Options

imagellamakins:
    Just my experience. My son was very big and went straight to size 1. I'm glad I did not have a huge box of newborn to return online, etc. The hospital will usually send you home with a pack of diapers and and from there you can get what you need. My stocking up includes a pack of size 1 huggies with wetness strip, a box of size 3 kirkland (costco) since they were on sale. We'll go from there. :) You never know when/how quickly your baby will move through the sizes. My son always had to move up before the end of the weight limit. When they start having more blow-outs, it's time to move up a size. If you want to be prepared--have baby wipes and maxi pads for you!!!

THIS! 

• Options
    FTM so I don't know for sure yet, but from experience in daycare, and from birthing classes, we planned on 10-12 changes a day for the first few months.  Most "regular sized" packages have about 36 diapers, so that's 3 days worth.  We got a lot of diapers at our shower, so I currently have about 3 weeks worth of newborn sizes and as many size 1 incase LO is too big for nb sized (which I believe is up to 10lbs?).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"