Special Needs
Options

Heart Surgery

Not a frequent poster, but wanted to share.  Ellie (who has Down syndrome) had her open heart surgery for a complete AV canal defect on Thursday, and we came home from the hospital yesterday!  She's doing great!
Megan Mommy to Ellie 3/11 (Down syndrome, AVSD, duodenal atresia) www.little-miss-stubborn.blogspot.com

Re: Heart Surgery

• Options
    Awe..  Hope she heals quickly and you can relax again.  I babysat for my 4 year old TOF nephew today, so his mom could work on a fundraiser for our Children's Heart Center.  I super love those people. 
  • Options

yea! so glad to hear this. A family at our church just went through all of this with their daughter Ollie who also has down syndrome and a complete AV defect. If youd like to connect with them they have a blog called "the house that jade built"

Cloth diapering, VBAC, BF & FF, AP momma to two 2 and under. Special needs - DS born with clubfoot and diastrophic dysplasia (dwarfism)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aw, that's great! Glad to hear the surgery went well :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What a relief for your family! My DD1 has Turner Syndrome and had OHS as a newborn. She is 5.5 yrs old now and doing great! I hope the same for your little one.
    DD1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"