Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Help!!

I have a 7 month old who has had a little cereal since she was about 2 months old in her bottle.  (yeah yeah some of you will tsk tsk but I did it with my first one and she was fine, it helped me transition her to food actually) 

Anyway, she absolutely refuses to eat off of a spoon.  She shows all signs of being interested in eating food, she watches us when we eat, she sits up with help although mostly on her own now, but I have to sneak food into her mouth.  She sits in the high chair and I give her a cup to play with, when she starts to open her mouth to take a "drink" I slip a small spoonful of food into her mouth.  She closes her mouth around the spoon, but should I just let it go until she starts opening her mouth?  She's not underweight, or malnourished and other than waking once for a 8 oz bottle she sleeps entirely through the night from 7:30 pm til 6:30 am.  My first one took to the spoon right away.  I don't know if I'm worrying needlessly or not. 

~MamaShoob~ www.14between.com

Re: Help!!

• Options

Try helping her to grab the spoon.

When DS refuses the spoon, I do this and it's like magic. Although I generally have to have an arsenal of spoons to make this work.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"