February 2011 Moms

First PP Concern (TMI alert)

Although I'm still BF 2-3x/day, and although I'm not taking any medication (due to PCOS, I've needed medication in the past to menstruate/ovulate), I got my period the day before yesterday.

And I am bleeding like you wouldn't believe.  I've gone through 4 heavy pads in the last 5 hours.  

I've heard the claims that PCOS can "make your system normal".  Unfortunately, I've had PCOS my entire reproductive life, and don't know what normal is.  Does this bleeding sound excessive?  Should I call my OB/GYN?  

DS Feb 2011
...no thanks to my PCOS (Dx 2006,though should've been dx during maybe the Clinton years).

P/SAIF always welcome, especially if you share your sticky baby dust! **Looking to buy some gently used, one size Fuzzibunz. PM/Page me if you're selling. Thanks!**

Re: First PP Concern (TMI alert)

• I do not have PCOS, but my first PP period was so bad that you wouldnt believe. I was shaking uncontrollably, i went through 2 pads an hour, my hips were aching as bad as they were in labor, my babck felt like i was having back labor, my thighs would not work... It was AWFUL!

I called my OB and she said to me "try a heating pad. DO NOT DRIVE! but can you come in so we can see you?" Yeah..... If its bad enough they will want to see you. Unfortunately i couldnt go in, no one was home to drive me. I ended up taking a percocet from my C-section. 

The next day it got better, etc. it depends on how badly you are hurting and bleeding. If its that bad, i would call and go in.  

• Mine was REALLY heavy with clots. I honestly didn't get alarmed just b/c I expected something crazy to happen. It was heavy and lasted about 14 days. Awful. But things were back to normal basically the one after that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a worry-wart, so if it was me, I would call.  To me, it's better to just call and ask than to assume everything is fine.  good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first PP period was AWFUL...I was SO sick...throwing up and bledding like crazy! It lasted for 2 days. Before I got pregnant my periods were bad...so I didn't think anything of it.

But, since then, my periods are light and I have minor cramps the first day and then nothing the rest. It's not nearly as bad as before. My dr told me that some women don't cramp like they use to b/c your body is so different.

Hang in there!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• That sounds like a lot of bleeding. I'd definitely call the ob. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My first few PP AFs were weird. VERY heavy and clotty for a day or two and then nothing. I was concerned and did talk to my OB and he assured me all was normal. But I think to ease your mind it never hurts to call.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"