Two Under 2
Options

Do you take your 2u2 to your dr appts?

The thought of doing it scares me...but I really need to go to the dr tomorrow. I have a double stroller which ill use, but dd gets bored very easily! Any tips or tricks? Thanks!

Re: Do you take your 2u2 to your dr appts?

• Options
    My 2nd isn't here yet, but I have taken DD and an infant I baby sat to my appts during this pregnancy. The baby was about 2 months and DD was about 14 months. I put them both in the double stroller, and the baby slept while DD had a snack and looked at a book or two. Not ideal trying to maneuver the double stroller in the exam room, but we made it work. The key for us was making sure the baby was fed before we went and a special snack for DD :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I take my 2u2 everywhere.  And I will take my 3u3(and 2 months) everywhere as well.  In fact today I took the girls with me to the dentist to get a crown fixed.  The little one was in the stroller and the bigger one colored for a bit and then looked through a magazine and then talked to some of the other people there. 

It gets easier and less frightening to take them with you places.  If I'm going somewhere that it's going to be a long time I try to see if someone can watch the older one.  She gets bored faster and won't nap on the go.  The baby is easier for now, but once she's a bit bigger it will be harder as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ONLY if I absolutely have to. But if it's an appointment for one of them I take them both.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options

Yep. The only time it was a huge fail is when I went to the chiro. That was a horrible idea. haha.

It's really not that bad. I bring small toys that are easy to pack and are entertaining. DS went through this phase where he had an obsession with a whisk and I brought it to the dr's office with me once. People looked at me funny, but he was happy. haha.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well, I ended up taking them both...and I can't say it was THAT bad. DD is just very active and wanted to get into everything in the room. It's so hard to keep her entertained these days. DS slept most of the time, except when he decided he was starving. I BF and had pumped a bottle for him, but he's TERRIBLE at taking a bottle...so needless to say that was a mess, haha.

All in all it wasn't bad. I got what I needed- birth control! I don't need another LO anytime soon. :)

• Options

imageLDQAM516:
    ONLY if I absolutely have to. But if it's an appointment for one of them I take them both.

This. And the only time I absolutely had to was going to my OB, so the staff there was quite used to it, and the pregnant ladies oohed and ahhed over my kids. I manage to make most of my appts during work so the kids are taken care of.

• Options
    I think that's something that really depends on your kids. I try to schedule dr appts for me around DH's work schedule. He's off Fri-Sat instead of Sat-Sun so I schedule appts for Friday if I can, or an afternoon during naptime when he can work from home for a couple hours.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"