Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Where are our freezer storage experts? Come on in!

I'm making good ol' fashioned Frozen Monkey Tails (you know...chocolate covered frozen banana on a stick) for DS' school snack tomorrow, and I'm having a tough time with freezer crystals. 

I froze the bananas on the sticks for about 24hrs, and when I pulled them out, they're covered in ice crystals.  I was able to scrape most of them off before I put the peanut butter layer on, and now they are in the freezer again before I do the chocolate layer with sprinkles.  Once I get to the chocolate layer, the crystals are going to be a real problem. 

How do I prevent them?  Any tips/ideas?

Re: Where are our freezer storage experts? Come on in!

• Options
    Do you have them wrapped or sealed in something air tight?  Or perhaps not let it sit quite as long?  (I'm not really an expert, though)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagepapagena:
    Do you have them wrapped or sealed in something air tight?  Or perhaps not let it sit quite as long?  (I'm not really an expert, though)

They aren't sealed as well as I'd like b/c I have to have them laid out in a single layer until they are solid.  I think that is part of the problem though...maybe the whole problem.  The last time, I covered them, so this time I'm leaving them in the deep freeze uncovered to see if that works better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"