Upstate NY Babies
Options

Messy eater ?

Charlotte has a new "thing" where anything you put in her mouth, she pulls it out to inspect it. She is beginning to get teeth on the top and I am wondering if maybe she just is trying them out? Also, she then takes her sticky messy hands and runs them through her hair, which means we need a bath which she all of the sudden hates. Is there anything I can do to dissuade her from doing these things? Or is it just a phase and we have to ride it out?
image        image

Re: Messy eater ?

• Options
    Dylan does the same thing!  Well, he doesn't take food out to look at it but he puts his messy hands in his hair.  Drives me nuts when he does it on a night I wasn't planning on giving a bath.  Whenever I see him about to put his hands up to his head I usually try to distract him somehow.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  It is definitely a phase though.  My oldest son did the same thing.  Now he's a pretty neat eater.  Sometimes though he'll put his hands up and then Dylan will mimic him and there goes the hair...ugh.  Monkey see monkey do.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Evan was a such a messy eater when he was young. I always encouraged him to feed himself, so meal time was messy. There were times he would need a complete wipe down or bath after every meal... especially if yogurt was involved!

Now, he is a really neat eater. If he gets one little thing on his hands or shirt I immediately hear "mama, keen it up!" 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"