Food Allergy

Coconut allergy Advice needed!!!!

My son recently developed an allergy to coconut. Is anyone else dealing with this? Please message me. I never realized just how much ha coconut in it. This is harder than his milk & soy allergy. :-(

Oh and the new A&D with zinc oxide also contains coconut as well as all of the baby specific baby washes.

Re: Coconut allergy Advice needed!!!!

• My daughter has a coconut allergy (and dairy and soy).  I have never had a problem with it (so far).  I don't think that many things have coconut.

And if you are talking topical things with coconut, are you sure his is not just an ingestion allergy?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • And we use Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash on her.  She has an oat allergy too, and even though this contains oats, does not react to it.
  • Loading the player...
  • He is allergis to milk & soy. We started to use Aveeno products for his ezcema which made it worse. I stopped it and he immediately cleared up. He developed an oat allergy also confirmed by breaking out after eating oat puffs. Then I gave him coconut yogurt and he started to break out again so I stopped that and it cleared up. I don't know if it is just internal or its also external but I would rather be safe than sorry. We worked so hard to get rid of his ezcema and I saw him be tortured due to the Aveeno and no one even the dermatologist realizing that it could have been related to that. I just one day decided to stop it just as a hunch and now he is ezcema free. All of the body washes that I found have coconut derivitives in them. I ended up finding one that is for infants and up. Anything that has "coco" in it is a derivitive of coconut.  So, call me an over protective Mom but I'd rather side with caution.
  • imageWendy1210:
      So, call me an over protective Mom but I'd rather side with caution.

I would never call you that!  You can never be over protective when you are dealing with an allergic child.  You are doing the right thing.  I am glad you found something that works!  What body wash is it?  Maybe I should look into that too!

• I call myself that. I have allergies to all forms of sulfonamides and ended up in the ER twice due to my throat closing and I worry about that happening to him. Yes, we have 2 epi's for him.

The babybath is called Everyday Shea and the oher is Cetaphil. I don't like the Cetaphil 1/it has sulfates & 2/it doesn't foam up and I like that bc then I know he gets enough soap on him.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"