North Carolina Babies
Options

bed transition question

Mostly just curious...
When you moved LO from a crib to a big kid bed, did they sleep in the "right" spot on the bed, or flop all over it? Or how long until they stopped doing that? Did you try to get them to sleep in a certain spot (like head-on-the-pillow-and-body-under-the-covers), or just let them do whatever? I don't really care where she sleeps, I was just wondering.

(We just got her bed yesterday, and it went well. Had to put her back in once at the beginning of the night, then I checked on her before I went to bed and she was on her stomach at the foot of the bed, with her feet hanging over the footboard. I just left her there. When I got up this morning she was up & reading books.)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bed transition question

• Options

In the beginning both girls moved all over.  Natalie more so than Claire.  Some days Natalie would end up at the end of her bed with her feet hanging off.  Claire seems to be doing better, although she moves around alot it's usually towards the top of the bed, but she will end up laying sideways in it.

When I check on them before I go to bed, I move them up and cover them up if needed.

Natalie no longer moves all over the place.  I think it's an age thing.  She stopped thrashing in bed around 2.5-3 yr old.  I anticipate that Claire will be doing it for awhile.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD has been in her bed for about 6 months. She never really moves all over (thrashing), but she doesn't sleep in the same spot all the time.  I have two rails up and then her down comfortor at the bottom folded over where the rails end, this keeps her from moving to the bottom of the bed. She mainly sleeps pressed against one of the rails, but I've seen her with her head going the opposite way, laying across the bed, scrunched up in a ball in the middle, etc. She sleeps all night with no problems, I've never gone in and moved her. I've also seen her wake up, rearrange her blankets, etc and then go back to sleep!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always put him down on his pillow, or if he crawls in on his own he starts off laying on his pillow, but rarely sleeps the "normal" way in there. As long as he's staying in, I'm not pushing my luck yet Wink
  • Options
    My son is all over the place, but he's been like even when I was still pregnant.  He never stops moving.  On the rare occasions he sleeps with me, I often end up with a toe in my eye, regardless of how he started out.  It's just his nature.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"