Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

potty training help

So I decided to put ds in underwear today & see what happens.  I'm asking him nonstop if he needs to go, have towels at the ready, have treats to reward (bribe) him.  Last attempt was a few weeks ago, but he'd get upset anytime I talked about the potty, so I put the potties away & decided to start again today since I have the day off.  He peed on the potty exactly once, like 2 months ago.  He also went a couple times outside in the grass this summer.  So far today, he peed once in his pants & declared "I'm all wet!" which was kinda the point, I want him to know how that feels.  Any other advice for today?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: potty training help

• Options

Patience! We started pting a week ago. The first few days are rough.  Day 2 was the worst for us but got so much better after that. We are on day 8. No pee accidents in 3 days. Poop is still a struggle but it just takes time. GL!

ETA: I didn't ask, just take. I started taking him every 15 minutes. If i ask he always says no. Now we can go 30-45 min. between me taking him. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My DD is a almost 3 and she gets ticked off if we ask her to go. I don't even take her. She knows where the potty is, and how to take her undies down, and how to wipe ect...so really we don't even bring it up. She goes in there on her own and comes out on her own. We are on day 3..the 1st day she had 4 accidents. The 2nd she had 2 and so far today she has had 1. Every half hour we ask her if she is dry..she feels her undies and if she's dry she gets an M&M. So far things are okay, but she's having a much harder time with poop

TTC #3 cycle #3 Taking a break for a few months and resuming in the spring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"