Multiples

How long did you use swings?

We are still using them at 6 months!  Multiple times a day even!  They just love them and nap really well in them!  Are they getting to old for them?  I just cant imagine where to put the boys if we put them up.  If they are tired they dont like being in the jumperoos, and I think the bouncers are getting too small. When did you put them up?

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
Baby #3 due January 2016
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: How long did you use swings?

• We stopped sleeping them in the swings at 5 months.  They were totally out of them by 6 months. 
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • I ditched mine at 5.5 months.  I was tired of them in the living room, the babies would complain in them, and I challenged myself to go a week without using them.  Once I survived that week (most of which I was on vacation, but, still) I put them away. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine were 7 months old. We quit cold turkey when we went on vacation for 10 days. Once we got home the swing was taken back to SIL and mine was packed away to the basement.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Literally on their 1st birthday. I put the swings away for the party and never put them back out. They still loved to swing in the kitchen when I was cooking and chill.

That said, they still like the jumparoo on occassion at 18mths and still use their bouncys as their "lounge chairs" to watch Barney LOL!!! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We still use them once in a while but not very often anymore. Not since about 6 months.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • They never slept in them, but we used them to contain the LOs until about 8 months. However, we do still use the bouncy seats for them to have their bottles (even though Fletch is nearly horizontal in his b/c I think he exceeds the weight capacity LOL!)
  • 5.5 months. They were getting a bit too heavy for them anyway. We ditched the swings and swaddle the same weekend to get them to nap properly in their cribs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our swing doesn't have straps on top to hold them back (just at the waist) so we stopped @ 6 mo.  We still had it built actually until last night, and last wk I placed the boys in it for sh*ts and giggles, and they just laid back and smiled.  They love it, but now they just hang off the side (of course we never left their side).  LOL

ETA - But my boys are also abnormally large.  : )  Avg 26lbs at 10 mo

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Z napped in his swing exclusively until he turned 9 months old.  I think he was about to climb out, so I decided it was time to retire it. 
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"