April 2011 Moms
Options

Squirmy bathtime!

DD is the squirmiest baby ever when it comes to bath time. She loves her bath though. She smiles and splashes around, but we have the fisher price whale of a tub and she keeps stretching herself out until she "vaults"over the plastic partition! Then she ends up laying flat across the tub with the plastic ridge digging into her back. I'll pick her up 40 times to sit her back up near the top and she just flings herself over the ridge again. I'm losing my mind during bathtime. I can barely get shampoo on her before she flings herself again. Anyone else dealing with a squirmy bather? Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Squirmy bathtime!

• Options

I am laughing because we have the same tub and Nora does the same thing. She also splashes with both her hands and her feet and soaks DH every time. We're thinking of moving the whale tub into the big tub instead of on the kitchen counter.

She also does this thing where she sort of arches her back and tries to stand up. One of us had to keep our hand on her chest or belly while the other one washes her hair, or she tries to escape lol!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    LO just figured out she can make some big splashes by kicking her legs like crazy ... she also does an ab workout while in there, she kind of does a 1/2 situp for the first few minutes until she relaxes. I think she wants to be sitting up and it's driving her crazy!! I remember someone saying you can use the bumbo in the big tub but we haven't tried yet... might have to if she keeps it up!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I dont believe bumbos are supposed to go in water...but there are seats that are made for the bath.

DD does the same. Sometimes i think one of those flat foam bath mats would be much easier, but she loves sitting up that I cant imagine she would enjoy the bath as much laying flat. 

imageimage
  • Options
    I bathe with DS, its so much easier. DH helps me wash him then takes him out to get ready for bed. I shower myself then nurse DS to sleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    oSo funny.  We have the same tub and Ella is alsp doing the same thing.  I was getting a little frustrated with her tonight, called DH in to see what his little girl was doing and she stopped until he left the bathroom! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"