have you used either of these video monitors? — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

have you used either of these video monitors?

So our Summer Infant video monitor died recently. The adapter totally broke, we got a new one, that didn't work either. Bah. But, I'm addicted to that thing, so I want to buy another one.

I want to get either this updated version of our current one, or this even fancier version (touch screen? wth). They're about the same price, and both are expandable--we can add another camera for another kid down the road, ahem. 

Anyone used either one? They both seem to get good reviews and I just can't make up my mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: have you used either of these video monitors?

• no recs on our new one but our summer infant is starting to break too....DS is only a few months younger than yours and I too am TOTALLY addicted to it!! I'm hoping it makes it until xmas and we can get another...that touch screen one looks so cool!!
  • We use the less fancy of the ones you linked above.  We love that you can move the camera around and haven't had any issues, except the battery life (rechargeable), but only lasts about 3-4 hrs off charge.  We've been using it for 8 months now. 
    Clicky to our blog!! image image 14 Months Old!
  • We have the pimptastic touch screen one.  It is awesome.  The charge lasts a long time.  It picks up sound really well - and you can even talk to the baby through it like a walkie talkie.  You can move the camera around via the monitor.  It's just all around amazing. 
  • image ladywalton:
    We have the pimptastic touch screen one.  It is awesome.  The charge lasts a long time.  It picks up sound really well - and you can even talk to the baby through it like a walkie talkie.  You can move the camera around via the monitor.  It's just all around amazing. 

That convinced me! You had me at "pimptastic" :-) Going to order now (and get so so many months of free Amazon Mom prime shipping . . . ).

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• I like my Levana monitor for one major reason...you can talk back to the child. This feature has been a life savor. My toddler feels very comfortable knowing that when he has something to say we will quickly respond. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards