Upstate NY Babies
Options

Anyone potty train before 24 months?

About a month ago DD started telling the daycare staff when she had pooped so I bought kids potty just to have at the house.  I let her sit on it when she wanted which was usually just her playing.  That was fine by me as I had no intention of starting training.

Well while in Portugal she said 'poop', walked to the bathroom and stood by the toilet.  I lifted her on and sure enough she pooped.  She tried a few other times while on vacation but only the one was successful.

Then yesterday she did it at home and pooped twice on the toilet.  This morning she peed in her small potty.

So what do I do? I want to encourage it but I'm not sure if I should actively train or not.  She's only 16 months old but since she is showing so much interest I think I should go with it.

Oh and the cutest part - she has to have a piece of toilet paper which she then wipes with (even if she doesn't poop). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone potty train before 24 months?

• Options
    in my opinion the earlier the better. if she is conscience of her body then i would encourage it. my mom said i announced at my 2yr old bday 'i'm a big girl now', then took off my diaper went to the potty and did my business and never had an accident except an occasional night bed wetting... 
  • Options

Reed was totally trained by 21 mos, but basically poop trained by 12 months.  He would grunt and run to the bathroom and wait for me to help him on the toilet.  I say go for it.  They are still at such an agreeable age that by the time they get to the no phase she will already be trained and it won't be something she thinks about.

DS #2 has been doing ok for us.  Today he pooped once in the potty and once in his diaper and peed 3 times on the toilet.  He definitely is getting the idea of what to do in the toilet, but not holding his pee yet.  That is how Reed was until I just put him in underwear at 21 mos.  He was sleeping in underwear by 24 months. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My aunt potty trained her kids at 18 months, and she swears by the timing.  She said they are so eager to please at that age, etc.  She has had her niece visit with her kids, and got them potty trained in a week.  I totally think  it is doable.

With my kids, it was more about convenience and consistence.  Was pregnant and had horrible morning sickness, so I wasn't very good at keeping up with DD until later.  Your DD might regress at points though.  I say go for it, don't underestimate her at this age!

• Options

I have no advice- I'm just green with envy- Lorenzo was into the potty- I bought one- he peed and pooped once and now wont sit on it...he wants to put the pot on his head...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    E has been going pee on the potty for months, but only occasionally.  In the past month, he has been asking to go and goes on it successfully.  I think that in a couple weeks we will do the 3 day program as he seems ready.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"