Two Under 2

chicco adapter and bjcm double

for those of you who have it....do I have to purchase the adapter for the double stroller or can I just buy the adapter made for the single?

also...I called BRU and they said that with the double there is a bar that goes all the way across the stroller....how does that work when you have 2 kids in the stroller?  I think I am misunderstanding something here...lol

Thanks!

Re: chicco adapter and bjcm double

• I know what you are talking about - I ordered the double stroller and then, I'm pretty sure, the adaptor for the double stroller. We haven't put them together yet, but I remember I was confused and did the research and am 99% sure you have to get the double attachment.If you need TWO car seat attachments (like, if you are having twins), then you'd have to buy TWO of those double attachments. But since we only needed the one (DD#1 is old enough to just sit in the stroller), we only bought one. If this makes it easier - it was nearly $100 for the one attachment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm pretty sure the adapters for the double stroller (both standard and Chicco adapters) span the entire stroller width. It becomes like a belly bar for the child, but it's the infant seat adapter for the other side.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, I've heard that the adapter is a pain in the butt to deal with, so some people have it installed for them by the shop. But I've also heard those same people question if the seat adapter was even worth the money and hassle.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I've only used the regular car seat adapter, so I can't comment on that specifically, but I believe you have to get the chicco adapter specifically made for the City Mini Double as they attach to the stroller differently.

There is a entirely different accessory called a double belly bar that goes compelety across the width of the stroller. This allows children to pull themselves up if they want and you can also attach the child tray(s) to the belly bar.

imageCity Mini Double with Chicco Car Seat

imageCity Mini Double with Belly Bar

image City Mini Double with Belly Bar and Child Tray

• Also, you cannot use the car seat adapter and the belly bar at the same time.

My opinion on the universal adapter is that it is very heavy and bulky. It made my wonderfully light weight double not light at all and that was before the carseat and children were added. I wound up returning it to buy the belly bar and child tray.

• I have the bjcm and put my 2 month old in one of the seats when it is reclined all the way. I have a chicco car seat, but couldn't justify the extra expense for the adapter since I blew all the money on the spendy stroller.  it is kind of a pain to get my younger son out of his car seat when he is sleeping, he usually goes right back down to sleep with the motion of the stroller. I do not have the car seat adapter or the child tray.  While the child tray would be nice, it is really nice to have my older son be able to get in and out of the stroller on his own.  He would not be able to climb in and out with the child tray installed.  Now I just tell him to get in and he gets right in and out with no problem. 

IMO, you don't need either - we love ours as is!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"