Houston Babies
Options

Live Birth

I thought someone out there might be interested:

one of my online friends (not IRL) is streaming her birthing time right now. She is birthing at The Farm with the midwives. She has a slow leak of amniotic fluid right now, so nothing much is happening, but I wanted to post this in the event anyone wanted to check in :)

https://www.ustream.tv/channel/harvest-of-daily-life-vlog

Re: Live Birth

• Options
    Would this fall under the category of morbid curiosity?
  • Options

imagehoustonkdw:

I know!  I wanted to check it out, but figured it would be NSFW. lol.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd feel weird being somewhere called "The Farm;" especially since I looked like a cow at 41 weeks.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options
    oh the farm - if DH & I lived in Mississippi (not that I want to live there or that I'd be married to DH if I'd stayed there) I'd so have made the drive to give birth at the Farm
  • Options
    That's neat!  I've done it twice myself and photographed different kinds of births I am still dumbfounded by how miraculous it is every time. 
  • Options

imagehoustonkdw:

Yep. At least that's why I checked it out last night. I wasn't really interested in watching a stranger give birth, it's just not my thing. It was about 10:30-11, I was planning on just peeking in and then going to bed. But 3 hours later, I was glued to my computer with headphones on, trying to hear everything that was going on. It was fascinating! Baby was born around 2am (central time) and I was crying.

Aaaaand then my son woke up at 4. It's been a really long day.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageWeezers:

imagehoustonkdw:

Yep. At least that's why I checked it out last night. I wasn't really interested in watching a stranger give birth, it's just not my thing. It was about 10:30-11, I was planning on just peeking in and then going to bed. But 3 hours later, I was glued to my computer with headphones on, trying to hear everything that was going on. It was fascinating! Baby was born around 2am (central time) and I was crying.

Aaaaand then my son woke up at 4. It's been a really long day.

LOL.. it was an amazing birth, though, wasn't it? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"