TTC after 35
Options

*UODuckBride*

Just wanted to check in on you.  I am still praying for you and hoping that this comes true for you!

Re: *UODuckBride*

• Options

AWWW, thank you! That is so thoughtful.  I had my first beta on Friday afternoon which was 12DPO and my HCG was 75.4, (I've had higher, but I have also had lower).  My progesterone was 16.4 and they claim that anything over 15 they don't supplement, but I asked for it anyway.  I had another blood draw this morning and I will find out how my HCG is rising, (or not) and they also did a TSH, so by this afternoon I will have more info.  Again, we have been here before with great betas through 6+ weeks.  The next few weeks are going to be tough either way.  Just trying to stay calm and go about my business as usual.

How are you?

Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    mkwtmkwt member

I was worried about my progestrone level too, it was like 16 the first time, then shot up to 22, then the third time it went back down to 15, I was petrified and my doctor office said they same thing, as long as over 15 they would not give me the supplements.  I know it has to be so hard on you emotional to go thru the ups and downs.  Like I told my DH it is not fair that the first miscarriage is now making me not get excited over this pregnancy, I wish I  could still be that naive girl that thinks everything will be okay!  Well I am going to pray for that this is miracle sticky baby and I certainly hope the next two weeks fly by for you. 

As for me, well I am hanging in here, I must admit that I am a stress ball about everything.  We go back to the doctor on Wednesay for another check up and I am really hoping for another ultrasound, they can charge all me they want, I need the reassurance! :)   I just trying to hold onto faith that this baby is really meant to be, especially with everything we have been thru thus far!  Please keep me updated on you.

Melissa

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Glad to hear you are doing well.  For us this is the first time we haven't been really excited.  We were a little jaded after the first MC, but we figured it was a fluke and very common and we were still able to be positive with the last one, (we tend to not count the CP since the DR's don't so we were thinking 3rd time is a charm).   I think I will just have to take it one day at a time.  I'll feel better when/if we see a heartbeat and I might start getting excited after we have all our 2nd tri testing provided the results are positive.  I'm just going to have to play it cool until then for me.

Good luck on Wednesday.  It sounds like you have a late bloomer that is a little fighter!

Take Care,

Sarah

Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Ok, I have an update and it looks like we are still looking good.  My HCG from this morning was 282.
  • Options

imageUOduckBride2be:
    Ok, I have an update and it looks like we are still looking good.  My HCG from this morning was 282.

Butting in...Good news!!!!!  I was thinking about you today too & hoping that you were getting good news!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mkwtmkwt member
    Oh that is awesome number, when do you go for your next one???  Still hoping it works out for you!!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, (and of course you can butt in; since I don't feel right creating my own posts about being pregnant on this board out of respect for everyone else's feelings).  Anyhoo, my RE's office isn't ordering a 3rd beta, but if I get antsy in a week or so I might ask for one to make sure HCG is in the right ballpark because the last thing I want is to show up at my ultrasound and have a bad suprise, (that's happened the last 2 times).  I am scheduled for an ultrasound on 9/16.  They would have let me do it a little earlier in the week, but I wanted to do it on a Friday in case the news isn't good so that I don't have to go into work the next morning or come up with some lame excuse for being out of the office.  I think I should be able to manage going 2.5 weeks.
  • Options
    mkwtmkwt member
    Okay that is 17 days to wait, that is not tooo long!!!  Just out of curosity, in the past, did you spot or cramp before you found out your miscarried or did you have no symptoms???  It would be sooo hard for me not to go back and get another blood draw, but I have learned that there is not a darn thing you can do to prevent it, and sometimes not knowing the numbers can help.  Okay, so I will just continue to pray for you everyday and hope that on the 16th you can post that you got to see a heartbeat!!!!  Please please keep me updated!!  Wishing you all the best!!!!
  • Options

imagemkwt:
    Okay that is 17 days to wait, that is not tooo long!!!  Just out of curosity, in the past, did you spot or cramp before you found out your miscarried or did you have no symptoms???  It would be sooo hard for me not to go back and get another blood draw, but I have learned that there is not a darn thing you can do to prevent it, and sometimes not knowing the numbers can help.  Okay, so I will just continue to pray for you everyday and hope that on the 16th you can post that you got to see a heartbeat!!!!  Please please keep me updated!!  Wishing you all the best!!!!

You really are the sweetest, thank you so much!  My first MC was unusual and involved bleeding and cramping.  It was unusual in that I bled for almost 2 months.  There was no tissue that was found via ultrasound and it was suspected ectopic because my numbers hovered around 1000 HCG for a long time.  The second two were similar, but I was on progesterone with both and that kept me from bleeding and I really didn't have any cramping with either.  The first one we suspect had a chromosomal abnomality because everything looked perfect except there was no heartbeat and betas were over 75000 at 8 weeks even though the baby was gone.  The most recent one I believe had trouble implanting because clomid likely thinned my lining, (this is all my supposition), My betas were very low to start and immediately after my second beta we went on a trip.  when we came back I asked for a draw and it was right around 600 which I knew wasn't good.  we waited for our ultrasound and sure enough same story.  So to answer your question.  Yes and no, but at this point I don't see not bleeding or cramping as a signal that everything is for sure ok.  Thanks again!  I'll be thinking of you and hope for a positive update tomorrow!

Oh, and I am sure you already know, but I wanted to tell you that the odds of you being successful this time after your MC are definately in your favor.  I know it is scary, but having just one MC and then going on to have a healthy pregnancy is very normal.  Recurrent pregnancy loss is the exception not the rule. Take Care!

Sarah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"