Baby Showers
Options

Best places to register?

I'm already all over the Babies R Us one.........but what is second best?  My mom thinks its best we have two.  What else are you guys choosing?  Thanks ladies!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best places to register?

• Options

I kinda have the same question as you. Right now I'm thinking of registering at several places but only telling shower guests about 2 of the registries.

No one seems to have all the stuff we like under one roof. And everyone seems to offer completion coupons, etc.

At first I was really anti Target. I hate their return policy, etc. However they seem to be easiest for family and friends. They are located pretty much everywhere. I hear they give you a $20 gift card just for registering (yay!) and although they don't have a great selection they have some pretty good basics.

I do like amazon.com. DH and I have a pretty good one started there and have been buying off of it ourselves. No tax, free shipping, and watching it daily and have gotten fabulous deals. Our $179 mattress was purchased for $95 and I just picked up a playmat DH liked for $29 (regularly $60).

If I had to narrow it down I think we'll be going with amazon and Target. Babies R Us is a great choice...I just feel like they are a bit pricey on most items. We did register at Baby Depot (and ended up deleting it when we got home because nothing we scanned was right). We don't have a Buy Buy Baby near us but hear it's popular. I HATE diapers.com with a passion (horribly over priced). I've had friends register at Wal-Mart. DH and I are pretty anti Wal-Mart but it's convient for all!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It really depends on what you're looking for, what stores have locations near you and your guests for easy shopping and returning, and what your expectations are as far as customer service and returns.

I registered at BRU thinking it was the megastore of all baby stores and would be the best.  I was hesitant to register at Buy Buy Baby because I hadn't shopped there much and it has fewer brick-and-mortar stores in my area.  However, I wound up being totally wrong- BRU has been annoying and inconvenient and BBB has been wonderful, helpful and cheaper!

I avoided Target b/c I heard they have a terrible return policy even with registries- I'd had my share of return issues there even with receipts so I believe the hype.  I didn't do Amazon because I didn't think a lot of my guests were online shoppers and I was nervous about how to handle returns.  If you have better luck with Target or have lots of long distance family and friends where online shopping might be more convenient, either of those might be better for you. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The best places are those that are convenient or close to your guests.  Amazon has everything but a lot of people do not like to buy on-line (none of my relatives will put their CC #'s out there.  We do not have a BRU that is close to anyone...30 minutes at least and the BBB is almost an hour's drive.  Target is the closest by far.  Most of the showers I am invited to and have hosted have registered at BRU and Target.  I have found the exact same thing that BRU had at Target for a few dollars less.  You know your family and friends best.

• Options

I also did BRU and Target

Why? Well I also don't know who will do all shopping online, like amazon.com

Target had a lot of great essentials for bath, hygene, diapers, wipes, monitors, bottles, etc in a good price range.

BRU has a lot of the larger items like strollers, changing pads, breast pumps and things like that..

and both stores also have an online selection.

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I registered at BRU and Buy Buy Baby.

BBB is a sister store to Bed Bath & Beyond. 

• Options
    imageHappily Overwhelmed:

I kinda have the same question as you. Right now I'm thinking of registering at several places but only telling shower guests about 2 of the registries.

No one seems to have all the stuff we like under one roof. And everyone seems to offer completion coupons, etc.

At first I was really anti Target. I hate their return policy, etc. However they seem to be easiest for family and friends. They are located pretty much everywhere. I hear they give you a $20 gift card just for registering (yay!) and although they don't have a great selection they have some pretty good basics.

I do like amazon.com. DH and I have a pretty good one started there and have been buying off of it ourselves. No tax, free shipping, and watching it daily and have gotten fabulous deals. Our $179 mattress was purchased for $95 and I just picked up a playmat DH liked for $29 (regularly $60).

If I had to narrow it down I think we'll be going with amazon and Target. Babies R Us is a great choice...I just feel like they are a bit pricey on most items. We did register at Baby Depot (and ended up deleting it when we got home because nothing we scanned was right). We don't have a Buy Buy Baby near us but hear it's popular. I HATE diapers.com with a passion (horribly over priced). I've had friends register at Wal-Mart. DH and I are pretty anti Wal-Mart but it's convient for all!

This is so true (bolded part!) I'd recommend checking out www.MyRegistry.com which is what I'm using to basically get around this problem. You can add from any store onto one registry, so it essentially houses everything you want "under one roof" and it makes ddistributing registry info super easy because guests only have to check one place.

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
  • Options
    BRU and Target were my two choices!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ones I've seen often are BRU, Target, Burlilngton and Buy Buy Baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"