VBAC

do i need a 'refresher' childbirth class???

since we had a c/s last time ... we didn't 'use' anything that we learned.

planning to hire a doula who has experience with vbac, and my ob is very supportive.  

so, do we really need another cb class???

TIA 

Re: do i need a 'refresher' childbirth class???

• I don't think it would hurt, but I doubt you need to, especially with a doula.  I definitely wouldn't do the hospital one, though. 

I figured since I'm spending the money on a doula, I'm not going to spend anymore money on classes.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • that's what the hubs thinks ... 

although i found that my hospital offers a 2 hour 'refresher' class that we might consider. 

• Loading the player...
  • I was hesitant to spend money on one, since my first had been useless.  But my OB strongly encouraged it so I took one that my doula taught.  I ended up being really happy that I took the class.  It helped me feel more prepared and positive about attempting a vaginal birth again, and I think it helped my husband a lot too.

But I don't think you need the class.  Lots of people have babies without taking a class.   

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My plan is to do a Hypnobabies and maybe a VBAC seminar - things to continue educating and motivating us. And I'll probably take the hospital tour, since we're switching hospitals with the next baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"