New to The Bump
Options

nestie losing hope, saying Hi to the Bump

Hi, I've chatted on the GP Nest board recently. Someone suggested that I might like the Bump too. Not sure which board would be best though, infertility maybe?

We've been trying for four years. I've had four d&c to scrape away endo. I've done lupron rounds, metformin, clomid, profasi injections, standing on my head, throwing pennies in fountains, yoga, tea, acupunture, herbs, pnv... Finally moved to RE this year and did another hysterescopy in July. This time it showed not only endo but also chronic endometritis -an infection in the uterus as a result of previous surgeries. We've got that taken care of, did the follistem and ovidrel in August. First IUI on August 15th and blessed AF visit this weekend, BFN to first IUI. 

RE says that DH SA too low to try for IUI again and we should move straight to IVF. Last test showed total motile sperm at point .26 million, volume only around .2 each time. Insurance says we need a few more IUI tries before moving to IVF but my RE thinks he can convince them otherwise based on the tests lately. Our next step is to find a great doctor for DH and see if we can't get him in better shape. Where to start ? internist -chiropracter -GP -urologist - endicrinologist - cardiologist.

There is my novel of confusion and despair. I am married to a triplet. I am 34. He is 38. I'd like to think that all we've been through might mean I can offer encouragement to others from time to time. But at this point, I am so lost and confused and ready to give up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nestie losing hope, saying Hi to the Bump

• Options

I'd start with a urologist and go from there.

And when you're ready, look at your options, which are many, including IVF, donor eggs/sperm, surrogacy, adoption, etc. All is not lost.

It sounds like you have a great RE who is willing to work with you. That is a wonderful first step. GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"